Northern California Babies

Hiccups dont count but probably ok?!?

They said hiccups count as one movement...But all is probably ok...So do it again after dinner. That is literally what I was told.

That makes me nervous...

But I also know I am far along and movement slows...hell I dont know...

JLK is napping and mommy needs a hug

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
br
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Hiccups dont count but probably ok?!?

• **HUGS**

Movement definitely became more infrequent as I neared my due date. I found that if I sat down and rested I was more likely to feel something. Both boys always moved more after a nice big glass of OJ : )

• Movement slowes a lot at the end, and even more just prior to going into labor.

I found at that time that if I rested I could feel N more.  Ditto April on the OJ or maybe some other type of sweet.

• Loading the player...
  • (((hugs)))

I think that multiple hiccups aught to count for more than just one.  I went in once around 35-36 weeks because I hadn't felt anything all day, and Cooper was crazy active.  I laid down, eat two oranges (had no juice) and nothing for half an hour, so then I eat some candy I had and laid on my side for another hour and half.  I had to go alone so Josh could get Andrew down for the night and was petrified.  They started picking up movement right away with the monitors eventhough I still wasn't feeling anything.  I was there over an hour before I finally got a good swift kick and it was ICE water that did the trick.

• I was also going to say OJ or something sweet and lay down on your left side. It is nerve wracking. Big hugs!
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • A Slurpee always works for me!  I am sucking on one right now! =)

And (((HUGS)))

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I kept my doppler throughout my pregnancy and I clearly remember pulling it out a few times during the last couple weeks.

BUT, I also couldn't care less if anyone thought I was nuts or an *** or both, and I'd err on the side of caution than chalk it up to late in pregnancy. You can go in for a NST. Either your OB's office or L&D will accomodate that (if you still have Kaiser, I don't know about the non-Kaiser sector anymore). 

The few times I decided, "that's it, we are going in NOW", Sabrina would start to kick the crap out of me. Maybe try that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • hugs

I counted that as movement. Ditto on something sweet or really cold heck or both! to get that babe going!

you look adorable btw. I spoted you in a pic in H's shower pics.

• imagelinnychanel:

hugs

I counted that as movement. Ditto on something sweet or really cold heck or both! to get that babe going!

you look adorable btw. I spoted you in a pic in H's shower pics.

I love that picture!! Libby...can I post it?? I am sure everyone would love to see your bump!

• BIG HUGS! 
  • Ditto on the ice water - that is what they gave me when I went to L&D for decreased fetal movement and it worked like a charm.

That said, if you feel like s/he isn't as active as normal do NOT hesitate to go to L&D for an NST.  Always follow your gut.  Hopefully it is an unnecessary trip and things will normalize while you are there (which is what happened for me). 

• imagetitantsmama:

**HUGS**

Movement definitely became more infrequent as I neared my due date. I found that if I sat down and rested I was more likely to feel something. Both boys always moved more after a nice big glass of OJ : )

Ditto April, and another HUG.

• imageMrs.K&C:

I kept my doppler throughout my pregnancy and I clearly remember pulling it out a few times during the last couple weeks.

BUT, I also couldn't care less if anyone thought I was nuts or an *** or both, and I'd err on the side of caution than chalk it up to late in pregnancy. You can go in for a NST. Either your OB's office or L&D will accomodate that (if you still have Kaiser, I don't know about the non-Kaiser sector anymore). 

The few times I decided, "that's it, we are going in NOW", Sabrina would start to kick the crap out of me. Maybe try that.

Ditto. Ice water, laying down, juice and as a last resort m&m's would usually get her moving. I never understood why hiccups didn't count, my OB would give me a long response but I glazed over once they found the heartbeat.

• Ice water was always C's punishment if he didn't perform on his NSTs.  ;)  It usually worked.  Try that.  And if miracle is still misbehaving a trip to L&D for an NST sounds like a good idea to me.  sending you hugs!
  • imageMrs.K&C:

I kept my doppler throughout my pregnancy and I clearly remember pulling it out a few times during the last couple weeks.

Ditto.  I'm sure everything is great... but there is NOTHING wrong with listening to your gut and going in for the test.  That happened to me several times while I was PG... and same as K&C... each time that I thought... OK, I'm going to ER... then I got a big bunch of kicks.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"