Parenting after a Loss

Sleep positions...what do you think?

Raina is definitely not a back sleeper. If I lay her down on her back (even in a deep sleep) she wakes right up and starts wailing. I've noticed that it's better when I put her on her side but from there, she's figured out how to get on her tummy. I know all of the SIDS research says back and I do keep trying for that but sometimes a tired mommy is desparate...and the side seems to work...what do you think? Is this really bad?

Re: Sleep positions...what do you think?

• EC sleeps on her belly and has since she was 7 weeks.  I have an AngelCare monitor to make me feel better.  She never slept on her back, the first 7 weeks were on her side.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Kailey has always either slept on her side or her belly.  She always slept better on her side and that's how I'd lay her down...once she learned to roll, I just left her on her belly...there was no point in moving her...she'd just roll right back to her belly.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think a LOT of babies sleep better on their sides or belly. I was always too worried about SIDS though. Do you swaddle her? If so, check out some sleep positioners. They have some that allow the baby to sleep on their side without being able to roll onto their belly. LIke, here's one:

https://www.pollywogbaby.com/item--zaky-hand--zaky.html

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"