Baby Showers
Options

Baby Shower Auctions

Just wanted to share an idea... of an auction at a shower.  It is instead of games and little prizes if you are not into that.  You create 5-10 gift baskets (dependig on the size of your shower)... examples are a baking basket, wine basket, movie basket, italian basket, spa basket.... and anything creative.  When guests arrive you give them 10 tickets.  they keep the one side of the coupon and then they place the matching ticket in the bag in front of the prize they would like to win.  Then the mommy-to-be can call the ticket numbers of the winner and they claim their special basket!!  It was a really neat idea and the ladies at the shower loved it.  It was a big hit and a little different then the traditional games.  Just wanted to share :)

Re: Baby Shower Auctions

• Options
    Isn't that just a raffle???  I'm confused.  What are you auctioning?
  • Options
    yeah, that's a raffle.  Also, on one hand cute, but on another- could be expensive for the people throwing the shower to put together 5 - 10 gift baskets.  A simple prize for game winners probably comes out to be quite a bit cheaper!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Sounds like a raffle

I had one at my shower.Everyone got a ticket for every pack of diapers they brought. Everyone won something.... there were some smaller prizes (cute stationary sets, partylite candles,  bbw soaps) and then big prizes (a gourmet food basket and a wine and cheese basket)

-------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    Sounds pretty expensive to me.  Cute idea (raffle) but doesn't take up much time...whereas the games do.  I guess I like games because they fill in part of a 3 hour shower.  I go to a lot of showers and at many I only know the mom-to-be or her mother...so it is nice to have some of the time taken up with traditional games.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"