Breastfeeding
Options

So many breast pumps... Decisions... Decisions...

Ladies-

I have been researching pumps and have even posted here before but still have questions.  I plan to be home 12-14 weeks but hope to allow huby to bottle feed and start a stash for when I return to work. Am I correct when I say the Medela and the Ameda pumps are the same? Also, any reviews on the Lasinoh? What I have read online has been 50/50. Im sorry if these questions are asked alot but I would love to here suggestions from people IRL. TIA!

Looking for...

* double breast pump

* hands free (if it is really a difference)

Re: So many breast pumps... Decisions... Decisions...

• Options

Not sure if the Medela and Ameda pumps are the same.  I have the Medela Pump In Style, and so far it gets the job done.  I don't like it, but from what I've heard from other pumping mothers, no breast pump is very enjoyable or as effective as your baby.  And definitely not as comfortable, either. 

I don't go hands free, but there are nursing bras that allow you to do that if that's what you want.  My experience so far has shown that it would be too hard to establish and maintain a comfortable hands free position with a pump, as you have to lean forward a bit to make the milk run down into the breastmilk bag/bottle.  Which is a stupid thing to have to do, but there you are.  

• Options

The ameda and lansinoh pumps are the same, medelas are different.

APY and Lansinoh are closed systems, medela PISA are open.

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the Lanisoh double electric (not hands free though) and its OK. It can be a PIA the turn it on and off or adjust the speed/suction when its on without the hands free business. But, its OK and it gets the job done, and it wasn't super expensive. HTH!
  • Options
    imagemadhatter2003:

The ameda and lansinoh pumps are the same, medelas are different.

APY and Lansinoh are closed systems, medela PISA are open.

What is the difference in the open and closed systems?

• Options

Hygeia is another option (not to confuse you more!) that has a very cool money-back guarantee on their pumps so you can try it out and see if it works well for you - no other company offers this.  They also have a 3 yr warranty and are an environmentally friendly company. I love my Enjoye pump!

More info:

https://www.makesmomhappy.com/2009/08/you-can-enjoye-pumping.html

• Options
    The whole hands free issue can be easily overcome with a couple of hair ties: https://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/hands-free-pumping.html
  • Options
    I rented the hospital grade Ameda when I was discharged from the hospital but I ended up buying the Medela PISA.  I LOVE the Medela!  To me, it is much more comfortable and more efficient.  Also, I love that it's so portable and discreet- I got the shoulder bag style.  I pump 2-3x/day at work and sometimes at home on the weekend.  I'm not sure about any hands free ones but I've read that you can make your own hands free bra by cutting slits in  a spots bra... When I pump I can balance each bottle on my lap and with a regular nursing bra, have my hands free to an extent.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

You can also get a sports bra and make it a hands free pumping bra, or buy something espically made for that.

(I have the Medela Freestyle, and LOVE it, because the actual pump is so small and I can take it anywhere. It's cheaper at other places than BRU/Target)

https://www.addalittlelove.com/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"