Northern California Babies
Options

MrsJulieT re: teacher planning

Thank you for the idea...

I spent the weekend at the Half Price Bookstore and Teacher Supply store. I now have supplies for crafts and lessons. I feel like I have a "plan" and it makes me so much happier. Although Ty will be in "school" two mornings a week and in a toddler class, I am excited to do more "structured" things at home with him. I found a few really fun activity books for 2 to 5 year olds at the bookstore. I'd love to hear what sort of things you end up doing for Ryan.

Thanks for sharing your struggle...and solution. It helped to see someone else feeling the same things and ultimately finding a solution/plan.

I am hoping to put together a matching/color type placemat today. I clearly have a love affair with contact paper. I will then make circular "bingo type markers" so Ty can match the marker to the color. Our first lesson. We can then use the color board for sorting: trucks, trains, scavenger hunt items : )

Thanks again!!

Re: MrsJulieT re: teacher planning

• Options
    I have zero teaching background and have very little structure in our lives, so they idea of doing any kind of structured teaching for G scares the poops out of me. Your posts (and amy's) have helped make it seem more like a fun endeavor. So thanks for that.
    Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • Options
    imagetitantsmama:

I clearly have a love affair with contact paper.

Take it from a seasoned preschool teacher: invest in a mini-hotlaminator.  I put off buying one for years but it made my life SOOO much easier when I quit messing around with contact paper.  Also, velcro sticks to hot laminate sheets which is great to make matching games.  I totally applaud you guys doing preschool at home.  There is something so special about teaching that age-group and when it is your own little one, I am sure that feeling in intensified!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"