Attachment Parenting

Any advice with food/vitamins to help battle PPD?

I just don't like the way the Zoloft made me feel.

I eat everything in sight. (I have been a binge eater since I was a teenager...trying to break this habit has been so hard and has gotten better, then worse, then better, then leveled off since Jack was born). 

I am always tired, always lazy. I am anxious when my house isn't clean but I do nothing to change it. 

Help? 

Re: Any advice with food/vitamins to help battle PPD?

• I went to therapy which was the biggest help for me.  As far as diet goes, I stopped eating junk food and a lot of pre-processed stuff and instead started eating fresh fruits and veggies.  I also drank tons of water.  After my prenatal vitamins were gone I switched back to my normal Vitamin B-complex.
  • I took an herb tincture from a naturpathic doctor. it did help. try homeopathics too
  • Loading the player...
  • My sister who has had 4 kids and suffered from PPD after each swears by taking lots of fish oil along with some evening primrose oil and vitamin E. I took three fish oil with one vit E and primrose three times a day and it seemed to help me. Also make sure you are eating plenty of protein.
    Proud VBAC mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been trying to eat well (lots of protein and fresh fruits/veggies) and seeing a good therapist.  Sleep helps too!

Good Luck!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"