Attachment Parenting

Sleeping on stomach - ease my mind

Give me the facts... My DD turns on her stomach (with her arm under body) and it really worries me. SIDS, her arm falling alseep, her laying on her face...

Re: Sleeping on stomach - ease my mind

• She's 8 months old?  I'd not worry at all. She's probably been rolling back and forth for a few months, right?  Her body knows what to do. 

If you're truly afraid, Angelcare and other movement sensor monitors can put your mind at ease.  

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• M has been sleeping on her belly since she's able to lift & turn her head. We've had no problems. 

Once they're able to turn over, lift their heads, etc. it's ok to let them sleep on their belly. And it will be a losing battle for you to keep getting up to try to turn her back over.  

• Loading the player...
  • Ditto the above. Once he was a)unswaddled and b) could turn and flip himself, I figured he would be fine however he fell asleep.
  • our ped said to always put DS down on his back but if he were able to roll himself over to his tummy not to worry about it.

• imageCrazycrustacean:

M has been sleeping on her belly since she's able to lift & turn her head. We've had no problems. 

Once they're able to turn over, lift their heads, etc. it's ok to let them sleep on their belly. And it will be a losing battle for you to keep getting up to try to turn her back over.  

exactly what i was gonna say

Mom to 2 beautiful girls, 3 yrs and 22 months old. My 2nd was born at 32 weeks due to Rhogam failure/severe complications from Rh disease and is our miracle. She has bilateral auditory neuropathy and a cochlear implant, activated 4/5/2012 at 19 months. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD has slept on her belly since day 1 (well maybe day 30 b/c when she was BRAND new she was usually so tired she would sleep however we put her down). When she napped - I put her on her tummy in her bassinet and kept her in view. At night, she slept with her belly on my chest. When we moved her to the crib (her choice) at 7 months it was on her belly but she was totally mobile enough that I didn't worry about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • As long as you are putting her to sleep on her back and she is rolling herself onto her stomach then there is nothing to worry about. I grilled our pedi about this b/c we had a SIDS death in our extended family.
  • DD will NOT sleep on her back. Refuses to. Okay, thats a lie, she'll nap on the couch on her back, if I'm right next to her.

Anyway, she's been sleeping on her tummy since about 3 weeks. She was able to lift and turn her head really early (like right out of the ute) so it somewhat eased my worry. She sleeps in a snugglenest in bed with us, so I'm constantly touching/watching her so that makes it easier.

If your LO sleeps in a crib in another room, I'd suggest the Angelcare movement monitor. We bought one of these for later when DD starts sleeping in her crib. She'll probably sleep with us for the most part, but we are eventually going to have her nap in her crib.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"