Washington Babies
Options

Moms who have baptized their kids ...

Both DH and DS are going to be baptized at the end of September, and I am tearing my hair out trying to find an outfit for Collin. I was planning for DH to either wear his black suit (or is that inappropriate since it's black?) or slacks, a white shirt and a tie. I can't find anything I like for Collin, and have been to Macy's, JC Penney, Sears, Nordstrom and even Burlington Coat Factory. Any suggestions?

Also, who did you invite to the baptism? I wasn't sure if you're supposed to just invite immediate family, or if people invite friends and extended family? If it is a small group, we were planning to go to brunch at The Lobster Shop, but if we invited a lot of people -- more than, say, eight -- I would have to come up with a Plan B, and I have no idea what people do for receptions, etc.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Moms who have baptized their kids ...

• Options

Max is being baptised in the middle/end of September. We still haven't found him a christening outfit because I cannot bring myself to spend over $100 on the outfits I love, or get him one that is made out of cheesy white satin. (All the cheaper ones are cheesy white satin.)

We invited family and friends, who are really important to us. Our list is actually quite long. But we are having a private mass for our baptism, so it doesn't matter if we invite a lot of people.

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options
    imageKNemo:

I cannot bring myself to spend over $100 on the outfits I love, or get him one that is made out of cheesy white satin. (All the cheaper ones are cheesy white satin.)

THIS! Everything I liked is about $100, including this to-die-for Ralph Lauren outfit, and everything reasonable is cheesy white satin! I am KICKING myself because Macy's had all of the baptism outfits on clearance for $9.99 back in March and I carried one all over the store and then put it back because I didn't know what size he would be. I could have gotten two different sizes and only been out $20! <kicks self again>

I want a baptismal gown/traditional outfit, but I am starting to wonder if I need to expand my horizons. Janie and Jack has some cute stuff, and I know Macy's has dressy stuff, just not white. Sigh.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We plan on baptizing both kids this fall.  DH's mom has the outfit that has been in his family for years.  It's been back and forth from here to Ireland for all his cousins and his brothers and sisters and I was skeptical, until she showed me.  It looks brand new!  :)  That will be for the baby and I'll look for a white dress for Audrey.

Have you looked on Ebay?  I bet you'd find a bunch of good stuff there.  ?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am currently in the process of also organizing Cooper's baptism which will be on October 18th in Australia. I have a twin brother with an 11mth old daughter who we are sharing the special day with. We are her godparents & my brother and his wife are our son's godparents so we thought it would make the day even more special!

Between us we are inviting family & close friends only that adds up to approx.50 people and 15 children. We are getting it catered for so that we can enjoy the day also and not have to worry on the day. I have designed the invites -

imageimage

So all I am left to do was find an outfit which I was too dreading!!! UNTIL....... I went to Redmond town center & found the PERFECT outfit at "Kibbon"! image

The photo doesn't do it much justice but trust me it is so cute and perfect in every way! They have a 2-3 week wait for the 3-6mth size which is fine by me & it was only $60!!!!! E-mail me if you want to see photos I took of Cooper in the outfit as they allowed me to do this in the shop- nmgordo@optusnet.com.au

They were so lovely in the store too :) They had adorable girls dresses too as well as suits for babies boys & toddlers also. A great find this store was!

collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"