Austin Babies

Admitted to L&D yesterday (@28 weeks)

Sorry so long, but I am still shaken up and need to talk to someone besides DH about it... or my Mom, who will just worry. Such a scary Sunday!

Everyone is fine, but here's what happened out of the blue yesterday:

At 9:00a.m.I had diarrhea. First time since being pg. I didn't eat anything weird or out of the ordinary, but wasn't worried about it. Didn't seem like a big deal. I was in and out of the bathroom for about an hour, feeling crappy, when I started having Braxton Hicks. A lot. Like 10 in an hour.

Called Dr Cutler's office line and talked to a nurse. She told me I could be dehydrated, so to lay down, put my feet, up, and drink a lot of water for 40 minutes. If the contractions didn't slow down or go away in that timeframe, to head to the hospital. I couldn't believe this was happening - still assumed it was nothing majoe, and was trying not to freak out. Kept having diarrhea and couldn't really lay down per the instructions. Did keep drinking water, though, and strangely didn't pee. I felt like I had to, like my bladder was full, but when I went, nothing came out. (I started wondering if I had a UTI at this point). Right around 40 mintues after the first call, I saw pink when I wiped after peeing. NOTE: We had sex this morning. First time in probably at least 6 weeks. OF COURSE I knew that sex could cause cramping and spotting, but I was really worried anyway. Figured it was better to be safe than sorry. The pink was scary, but so were the contractions... I thought that surely, if they were caused by the sex, they would have subsided by now (we were about 4 hours afterwards at this point).

I have not had one speck of spotting this entire pregnancy, and paired with the contractions, which had not slowed, I really got scared.

DH was very calm and drove me to the hospital. Got admitted to L&D, hooked up to monitor Baby's heartbeat and my contractions. I was still having them, but they were already lessening (thank God!). Still felt very uncomfortable - which looking back, was probably 50% nerves and having worked myself up. Kept drinking water, and contractions slowed way down in frequency and intensity.

Dr. did an internal and said my cervix was completely closed, and that she saw no blood.

I was hooked up for probably an hour total, and eventually with more and more liquid and laying completely still, they said that it was a combination of dehydration and sex that caused the contractions.

I was discharged with no restrictions, no reason to see my OB, and feeling so, so relieved. I can't begin to tell you how terrified I was after having had the contractions for 2 hours AND THEN seeing blood.

Who knew that slight dehydration and once in a blue moon sex could result in such a scare? Ugh!

In my bag: Canon 60D, 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430exii Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Admitted to L&D yesterday (@28 weeks)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"