Blended Families
Options

Now that's just gross

About a month ago (right after she announced that she was getting rid of the cat because it cost too much money and was too much work) BM and her BF decided they needed a puppy.  They had been telling SS for a while that they were getting a chihuahua, but it turns out, chihuahuas are expensive so they settled for the next closest thing...a rottweiler.

This bothered me on several levels.  I am an animal lover and I can almost guarantee you this one will not be well taken care of. Rottweilers are BIG dogs and need to be trained properly or, like any dog, they are going to develop bad behavior.  I don't see anything good coming from these people having a dog this big and powerful.  I also guessed that within a few months SS would be crying because mom and BF are getting rid of his puppy and would want us to take it like we did the cat.  I know the situation is out of my control and for the most part I just try to ignore it but after this weekend, I just need to vent.

After 2 weeks with the puppy, there was already talk of taking him to the pound. Apparently mom's BF was deeply offended that this (free) dog was not a papered purebred so he wasn't sure he wanted to keep him.  A couple days later puppy chewed through BF's cell phone charger cord...again the solution was "let's take him to the pound".  And exactly as I had guessed, SS wants the puppy come live with us. This weekend I was heading out the door to take my furbaby out to potty (he is about the same age as their puppy) and SS says "Wow, Maigi is so smart. He never potties on the floor because he knows he is supposed to potty outside".  I said something along the lines of him not really being housebroken yet, but dad and I work really hard to take him outside so he doesn't have the chance to potty in the house and SS said "Harley only potties in the house." Long story short, SS who is 7 is supposed to be completely in charge of housebreaking this dog!  None of the adults take him out to potty and a 7 year old is just not capable of housebreaking a dog so this rottweiler poops and pees wherever he feels like it on their carpet!  I can not imagine the filth that these kids are living in!  And I would bet money that this dog has never been to the vet to have a single immunization or to be wormed.

And while we are discussing dirty...DH picked SS up from school wednesday and he was literally dressed in rags. He looked so dirty.  We anticipated BM not having money to spend on school clothes for him so we took him shopping and bought him plenty of nice clothes to wear.  When DH  asked him where they were he said "I've already worn them all and mom doesn't have them washed yet."  We are talking about 2 weeks worth of clothes here!  I don't know what more I can possibly do for this woman?!

Re: Now that's just gross

• Options

I really hope you're not considering taking in that puppy.  I'm an animal lover but now that I don't have one I realized how much work it was. 

Have you guys thought of having spare clothes at your house for him?  Wow - this lady is a piece of work.  What a shame.

• Options

Unbelievable! I hope they do take that dog to the pound, for the dog's sake, he can get adopted by a family that really wants him. Wow, this makes me mad. That BM and her guy are idiots and F'd up!

BM in my situation does this with pets (and men coincidently!), gets one and when they become too much work, gets rid of them. She has done it with three dogs so far and two cats. SD was amazed that I still had our two dogs after she came home to us after being gone for 6 months. Uh yeah, most people keep their pets. Sad.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageFloF9:

Have you guys thought of having spare clothes at your house for him?  Wow - this lady is a piece of work.  What a shame.

We keep almost a full wardrobe at our house for him. We just bought the school clothes for BM's house because we guessed she wouldn't buy him much if anything for school.  So he had nice clothes to wear thursday and friday when DH took him to school, it just made me sad that he went all day wednesday dressed like a rag picker when he does have nice clothes to wear at BM's house too.

• Options

What a bioch.  You do not adopt animals and take them to the pound! It?s not a revolving door!!!

• Options
    People like them should be locked in a cage with their own feces and see how they like it. I HATE pet dumpers and bad pet owners in general. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"