Stay at Home Moms

Healthy recipes with chicken thighs?

I know it's not the healthiest cut of chicken, but it was on sale for .99 a pound and I could not pass it up! It does have skin on, but I am going to take it off, no matter what I make

Anyone have any good ideas??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Healthy recipes with chicken thighs?

• We either grill or bake them with BBQ sauce.
  • BBQ sauce would be good.

Dont' beat yourself up over them not being healthy, They aren't bad every once in a while and they have more iron in them then other cuts of chicken.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • One of the familys I used to babysit made stir-fry with them - it was SUPER yummy. Then again when I tried to make it, it tasted funny, LOL.

Stir-fry would be a good option though =)

• My mom makes this bake with chicken thighs and legs, quartered potatoes and sliced onions.  She puts in in a big pan, then covers it with bbq sauce and water mixture, then covers with tin foil and bakes until potatoes are tender (1-1.5 hours).  It's really good.  We spoon the bbq mixture on top when we serve.
  • I bake them with lemon slices...there's something so yummy about the light, tangy lemon on the richer, darker meat!
    image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think I'd make a soup. Maybe  not the healthiest, but it would have lots of veggies! Peel the skin off before cooking. Boil in water with some chicken broth and seasonings, then when it's cooked, get it off the bone and throw in with some veggies (carrots, celery, corn, whatever) and then add some noodles.

you can add in a can of v8 juice, too. my grandma made this all the time for us when we were sick.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I make the chicken paprikash recipe from epicurious.com.  It's DH's new favorite and very easy (crock pot recipe!).  I serve it with egg noodles and sometimes with buttermilk biscuits (fattening, but yum!).
  • We use thighs all the time; we find breasts too dry and bland for our taste.  There are a couple of recipes that I do from Cooking Light in our usual rotation:

Parmesan Chicken & Rice Casserole
    Sauteed Chicken Breasts (thighs for us) w/ Balsamic Vinegar Pan Sauce

I also make Vietnamese Cold Noodle Salad a lot and use thighs because that's the way they served it at our local Vietnamese place in LA. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"