Houston Babies

Went cold turkey on the bottle...

We went cold turkey on the bottle on Friday. He gave them to the garbage man and said "bi bi ba ba". He has been totally fine. My only problem now is he has not had any  milk in 4 days. Any suggestions or will it just take time? W

We have tried a bunch of other "special" sippies thinking maybe he'd take milk in one of those (he normally uses the straw sippies for water/juice). We tried the carnation (all 3 flavors!). I even tried making a milkshake :-)!   He takes the milk and throws it on the ground.

Wondering if maybe I should just not even try for like a week and then attempt to introduce it again?

Re: Went cold turkey on the bottle...

• With my DD we tried to phase bottles out, but grandma would sneak her at bottles during the day while I was at work.  So she refused milk out of anything but a bottle; she would give us look like we just gave her poison to drink.  DH caught grandma red-handed one day so that explained why it was taking so long for her to adjust to the cup (at least a month).  We finally just got rid of all bottles, and would keep offering DD milk in a cup until she finally would take it.  I think one thing that helped was I would drink a glass of milk while she did.  I hate milk but I made the sacrifice for her!   HTH!
  • I had to warm milk at first to get DS to drink it.  I would give it time and not push it too much.
    Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"