Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Reflux moms: how much rice cereal per bottle?

I have a call in to the pedi now to ask, but just wondered.

We tried Enfamil AR for a week and a half, but DS spit up a walnut-size (literally) glob of congealed rice starch on Friday and it made him gag and then he threw up everything he'd just eaten.  No, thank you.  I'm thinking rice cereal might be a little easier to digest and won't just sit like a rock (literally) in his tummy.

Re: Reflux moms: how much rice cereal per bottle?

• My DD has reflux as well. We are currently doing one teaspoon per four ounces. I am doing this for the week and then next week, I am going to start doing two teaspoons per 4 ounces.
  • we found that when DD was younger she did much better on the liquid ready to feed enfamil AR - and did really badly on the mix.  We just recently switched back to the mix and she seems to be doing much better on it. 

Did you try the powder (which may not have been mixed up well enough) or the ready to feed liquid?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • my pedi said 1 tsp of rice per oz of formula...so my DS usually drinks 3 oz of formula so I add 3 tsp.

GL

• imageMrs.RockyM:

we found that when DD was younger she did much better on the liquid ready to feed enfamil AR - and did really badly on the mix.  We just recently switched back to the mix and she seems to be doing much better on it. 

Did you try the powder (which may not have been mixed up well enough) or the ready to feed liquid?

Powder, and I used a Dr. Brown's pitcher and warm water to mix it.  There were no clumps in the pitcher when I poured the bottles.  I'd rather keep him on Similac with Early Shield anyway through the winter, if we can.  I'd like to try the cereal route, and if that doesn't work, no biggie.  DS's reflux isn't painful and he's gaining fine, so trying Enfamil AR/cereal in the bottle is just an attempt at getting slightly less spit-up on DS's clothes/our furniture/ourselves.  :)
  • We do 1 tsp cereal for every ounce of formula.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Pedi wants us to do 3tsp per ounce but I think it's too thick for him, so we put 2tsp per ounce.
  • imagegreenlove7:

my pedi said 1 tsp of rice per oz of formula...so my DS usually drinks 3 oz of formula so I add 3 tsp.

GL

This.... and every bottle

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"