Austin Babies

Nestie dust and prayers needed

My 8 month old niece, Jordan, in New Jersey has been in the hospital since Friday.  She was not keeping anything down and my SIL took her for fear of dehydration.  They took many blood tests and her blood platelets are really low (now down to 27). If they get below 20 she will need a blood transfusion.  Her liver tests are coming back with high readings and her hemoglobin count is low.  If her platelets are not back up today, they will be doing a bone marrow biopsy and checking for leukemia. We are hoping and praying that this is just one bad viral infection.  My SIL has been there the entire time because my BIL ruptured a disk in his back so she is really struggling for strength right now during all of these tests.  Please please please send as much nestie dust and prayers our way.  We feel so helpless being so far away from her and Baby Jordan so they need as much help as they can get.

Thank you! And I will be sure to send an update once we hear about the test results today.

Re: Nestie dust and prayers needed

• Lots of t&p for your niece!
  • She'll definitely be in my prayers!
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, that's so scary!

:::prayersanddust!:::

• Sending prayers and dust to Baby Jordan and her family!

• your niece will be in my prayers. 
  • OMG scary!  Prayers to them.
  • Sending your niece tons of dust and prayers!

~NDK~

• Thank you all so very much for the prayers.  I just got an update from my SIL that Baby Jordan's platelets are up from yesterday (now at 30) and her hemoglobin has stabalized.  They are still doing some blood tests and will come back with results in a couple of hours to decide if they need the bone marrow test.  This is one of the slowest mornings as we wait on the news and the tests.  Hopefully they can rule out an cancers soon.  Everything at work today just seems so insignificant.
  • Oh my gosh, sending lots of prayers her way. Please keep us updated.
  • Oh wow - what a rough few days they (and you) have had!!  I hope she continues to improve and they are able to rule out anything major.  Keep us posted!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Kennedy Clover 7.14.08, Atalie Ryan 1.25.10
  • I'm so sorry your SIL, BIL, and niece are facing such a hard time right now! I will keep them in my thoughts.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Jordan is in my thoughts and prayers!
    imageimage
  • Oh no!  Your niece is in my thoughts and prayers!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Glad she is making some progress in getting better. Lots of prayers and dust going her way for it to continue.
  • Sending lots of dust and prayers to your niece. I hope it's just a virus and not leukemia.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 2H2L2H2L member
    lots and lots of positive thoughts and get well soon dust her way.  I hope the test come back negative and she starts improving soon!
  • They will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope they get good news today.
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Oh my goodness.  Loads and loads of  *~**~*~**~*get better FAST/no leukemia dust*~**~*~**~* to Jordan and T&P to her and her family. 
  • Just got word back from SIL. No Leukemia Cells found!!!!!! Wonderful news!!!!  They are keeping her overnight again though to monitor her blood platelete and hemoglobin counts.  They are still somewhat concerned that it could be the early stages of leukemia and will perform the same tests tomorrow to be sure.  This means she will have to prep for the bone marrow test again tomorrow, so she will have to stop feeding at 2:00am. Not fun, but if everything goes well tomorrow they will get to go home.  Please continue prayers and dust.  They are doing their work so far as this is the best news we have received so far during all of this.
  • Coming in late on this. Great news about the counts!!

I would be a total mess if that was one of my kids. I will be praying for your niece's health and your SIL's sanity. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"