Multiples

My hips are killing me!

Isn't it too early for this to be happening? We got a memory foam topper for our bed since I started having pain a few weeks ago.  This all culminated last week when I got stuck and couldn't roll either way without crazy pain. (I'm a side-sleeper). The topper has helped A LOT but I started having discomfort again last night and it continued into today. Every time I'm up walking around I feel like I did the hip abductor machine at the gym for an hour. Ouch!

When did y'all start having hip pain and what helps?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Gratuitous Overshare Blog image

Re: My hips are killing me!

• have you tried using a pillow between your legs?

My hips still kills me, but I think that does help! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I srated having hip pain early on & spent most of my 2nd Tri sleeping on the recliner. That took the pressure off & helped me sleep for a while.

At this point tough, it doesn't matter where I sleep - my hips hurt. The pillow between the legs does help a little, I think it helps keep things aligned a little better.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel your pain - literally! I got a snoogle pillow which has helped alot, but in the past week I actually started sleeping on our aerobed because I could adjust the firmness. That seems to help for now, though I think there will be a point when I won't be able to get out very easily!
  • My biggest surprise with this pregnancy is how early I was in pain.  I figured end of second beginning of the third is when it would start - but I was like you and uncomfortable and not sleeping at 17 weeks.  I use a boppy pregnancy pillow and that does help alot.  Sometimes I also sleep on the sofa because as much as I love my bed, the sofa puts me back to sleep for some reason. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
    First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry to hear you are in pain...hang in there!

I ditto the suggestion to get a special maternity pillow--I feel I sleep better since buying it and don't have as many aches. There are a # of them out there, but I'll suggest the Leachco Grow to Sleep pillow (avail. at target.com or amazon.com). It may help with your hips.

Also, I found some relief for hips/back in my prental yoga class--have you done any of these classes? They truly just are relaxing stretches and breathing techniques. They are handy stretches to use at home too for when you need to relieve an ache. 

GL!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I lost so much sleep because of hip pain from probably about 15 weeks until 20 something weeks.  After that, it pretty much went away (though was replaced by new discomforts)!  

Tylenol PM may be a solution.  I took it occasionally, and it was a life saver! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"