Secondary IF
Options

"only" children turn out ok, right?

If we have to accept the fact that our son will be an only child, he will be fine, right? I know we were blessed to have one wonderful son, and my dh is an only child and he is a great man.

There are plenty of couples who actually purposely only have one child, and they grow to be happy healthy adults?

I'm trying to make myself feel better.

Re: "only" children turn out ok, right?

• Options
    I sure hope so, cuz there is a small chance (gosh i hope not) that our DD will be an only child too...
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options
    Yes, they definitely turn out to be fine.  They turn out to be great.  In fact, I think most only children like it that way.  You can also spoil them and give them your undivided attention.
    imageimageimageimage m/c at 8w4d - 10/2/09 baby girl Ruth Elise
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have the same conversation with myself all the time.  Yes they will be fine!  

They have fabulous parents:) 

• Options

My parents have been married 40 years and there are 10.5 years to the day between my brother and I.  He was going into second grade when I went off to college.  So both of us were pretty much only children.

I always had imaginary friends growing up but, I turned out great-on paper anyway.  lol-

I think since we already have one, it does make it better in a sense.  We have been there and done it but, really want to be there again.  If it weren't for Emerson, I'd be going out of my mind at the moment.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My son is 9 years old and doesn't complain. Him and I are extremely close and I have more time for him. If I can't have any more children I will be ok with it! My son would like us to have a baby, but also understands that it might not be possible. The question is will you be ok? Keep faith! You could consider adoption.
  • Options
    Of course! They turn out just fine! I LOVED being an only child. I have been seriously thinking about this possibility for my DD lately. In some ways, I think she would be better off as an only. In some ways, I want her to have a brother or sister. IF is so tough.  I hope you get your BFP really soon!
  • Options
    I am sorry you are going through this, But yes, only children turn out just fine!! DH and I were both only children and I think we turned out ok. Big Smile
  • Options
    I sure hope so.  It's slowly sinking in that that could be DS's fate as well. 
  • Options
    They turn out great!  Hang in there, I still have lots of hope for you.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options

I have 14 years between my children.  So, in essence, I have two only children.  My daughter turned 17 yesterday and my son will be three in November.  My daughter is well adjusted, bright, social butterfly and very kind. Only children are just as "ok" as children with siblings!!!

Good Luck!

• Options

We are giving Clomid a second try right now but I will never go beyond that and so if it doesn't work for us in the next year we are going with the "one and done".

I think there are cons and pros to both situations but as long as your give your child(ren) love and support they turn out great!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"