Multiples
Options

Intro

Hey guys.  I've been reading you guys for a few weeks and just now decided to join you.  I'm 14.5 weeks preg with twins.  No twins in my family.  I have a 14 year old son and an 8 year old.  The 14 year old started high school this year and I started emply nesting and well... here I am.  You guys are the best.  Glad to be one of you. 

I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks that showed one baby, one heart beat.  Had another one at 12 weeks and there was two.  I had another one at 13 weeks and the Dr. guessed that they are both boys but he said the chances of him being right this early was 2 to 1.  He couldn't tell if there was 1 or 2 placentas but there are two sacs.

Now for my first question.  (because there will be many to follow).  Baby a is 6 days bigger than baby b but the Dr. said he wasn't concerned.  So what are the size differences in your babies and should I be worried?  Can't wait to hear from ya.

Re: Intro

• Options

congrats and welcome! exciting news. :)

my boys often measured several days apart, so i wouldn't really worry. they were never considered "discordant", so it sounds like yours are doing well. when they're that small, just a millimeter difference here and there can mean the difference between a few days growth. 

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options

congrats and welcome!

My boys always measured about 3 days apart- and even at birth, they were 2lbs apart (A = 6.6lb, B=7lb15.6oz)

Get Dr. Luke's book on being pg with twins- it will answer many of your questions and help you understand how to have a safe/healthy twin pg.

good luck - we're all here for you!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats & welcome!! At my first u/s (5 wks) they measured noticeably different in size. As the weeks have gone on, they have measured closer but a few mm apart. If your dr. isn't worried about it, I'd try your hardest not to worry about it either.

Glad that you are joining us here!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!
    I do remember an early u/s where my boys were about 6 days apart, but A was measuring 4 days ahead of GA and B just two days behind so it wasn't a concern. At one point in a later u/s suddenly there was about a 15% size difference ... but at birth they were just 3 oz and 1/4 inch apart, so definitely take u/s measurements with a grain of salt. ;)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    Just wanted to say congrats and welcome!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Congrats & Welcome! My boys have gone back and forth on who is bigger the entire time. I think there was only one growth scan where their estimated weights were the same. As long as they are both within the normal range, it should be fine. Your Dr. should let you know if the gap gets too big.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"