Stay at Home Moms

What do you do to find you?

OK I need help.  I am a stay at home mom of a 1 1/2 year old and it consumes me 100%.  I need to find somethings to do to get out and figure out who I am outised of being a SAHM.  Don't get me wrong I love it but I worried that I am losing my identity.... and my mind =)  Help!

Re: What do you do to find you?

• Sorry, I can't help but I wanted to let you know you are not alone. I am struggling with the same thing and have been for a while. 
  • I was feeling the same way and needed to do something I was passionate about besides being a mom. I started taking photography classes here and there and now it's starting to shape up into a business for me. That is my outlet these days.
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know if this will help a lot (I have only been staying at home for two months) but have you thought about joining/starting a book club? how about meeting other moms at a Moms and More group at a church? Making sure you have a night out once a week is critical. Make sure to go out on date nights with your husband on a regular basis. Could you go and volunteer somewhere on a Saturday?

I go out with  my friends at least once (if not twice) a week. It could be Pokeno, book club, movie, dinner whatever. my husband watches the kids. then we also go out for date nights regularly. I think a happy mom makes a good mom and I need some time away from my angels every once in a while. GL!

• imageMrsL1022:
    I was feeling the same way and needed to do something I was passionate about besides being a mom. I started taking photography classes here and there and now it's starting to shape up into a business for me. That is my outlet these days.

Your siggy pic is adorable. It looks professional, but I am going to assume that since you said you are into photography, you did that right? It looks awesome!

I am trying to find something else to do before I "lose" myself to DS and being a mom. I was telling DH the other day, I used to be Linda, then I was "Aaron's wife" and now I am "Gavin's mom". I miss being Linda too!! I am trying to get into sewing because I like crafty stuff (and because I am cheap and don't want to buy things I can make, lol) and I think that will help. I need something that is for me too, and even though I love doing all of the mom stuff, one can only be so passionate about stain removal and stuff, kwim? 

• I am feeling the same way.  I am going a bit crazy and taking a knitting class and a crochet class this month, and I also started an online class at community college.   I used to make jewelry so I think I may try to get into that again since I still have a bunch of beads and metal lying around that I need to use up.  We'll see how things go after that. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"