TTC after 35
Options

Dear AMA Celebrities....

please share your secret for getting KU because, other than Celine Dion and Courtney Cox, I rarely hear of celebrities over the age of 36 having trouble with fertility.  So....Giada....especially you....please share your secret for keeping your eggies so young and fertile.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dear AMA Celebrities....

• Options
    oh i concur add in J Lo, Angelina Jolie and Nicole Kidman as well. oh wait Nicole supposedly swam in a fertile watering hole.  ya whatever ms thing
  • Options

I really wouldn't be surprised if there were more and they just choose to keep it under wraps. 

Hang in there!!! Smile

Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't forget Sara Jessica Parker or Brooke Shields!!!!  Also, Martha Stewart's daughter has been going through IF for years. She has tried to go on Oprah and bring awareness to IF!!!  Wish some more would step out of the closet too.
  • Options

I agree with PP.  I bet more of them have fertility assistance that what we hear about.

Our time will come ladies!!!

• Options

I tend to get annoyed with celebrities who in their late thirties and early forties announce their pregnancies.  Often they share that they are expecting twins, but they dont share their struggles with fertility.  This makes the general public think that it is super easy to concieve at our age.  I have two friends who are both 37, unmarried, want kids.  They each had no idea that it is difficult to concieve in your early 40s.  Both are educated, intelligent women.  Celebrities really make it look easy.  If I had all the money in the world I would just keep doing IVF until it worked.  But sadly I am not a celebrity and will only be able to afford a few tries.  I dont think it is a secret about keeping their eggs young, I think it that they probably have private docs and nurses and all the money to pay for this.... 

• Options
    I guess I am with the pessimest (sp?) group that I believe more than we know have IF issues. SJP used a surragate for her recent twins, maybe she had problems with getting pg with son???
  • Options

Sarah Jessica Parker said she tried for years doing fertility but nothing worked- she didn't say anything more than that.  Marcia Cross admitted having help- but again no details.  Molly RIngwald who just had twins at 42 (around that age) said she struggled but wouldn't say more and said it was private.

I don't get the reluctance to talk about it by celebrities.  They talk about cancer, rehab and every detail of wild sex romps - but it comes to IF and they shut their mouths. 

There are soooo many people going thorugh it in their late 30's and 40's.  I'm very open and vocal about IVF and what we've been through.  When I started telling people, I couldn't believe how many people admitted to me privately they went through it too.  People just don't talk about it.

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Options
    I hope I don't offend anyone here, but when I think of JLo and Angelina- the (fraternal) twins are a big flag IMO that they had help. Certainly some of us need all the help we can get, I just wish like you ladies said that they would speak up. It tends to give everyone the impression that it is just sooooo easy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"