Two Under 2

What crib did you get for # 2?

Hi - I am looking to get a less expensive crib and changing table for baby # 2. Does anyone have any suggestions? I heard the Graco Lauren is pretty good. Thanks!

Re: What crib did you get for # 2?

• Baby #2 isn't here yet but we got the Graco Lauren crib and changing table!

We didn't need a lifetime crib or dresser (she will get my grandmothers furniture when she's ready) so we just needed something to last a year or two. 

It's only set up in the nursery but I'm pretty happy with the furniture.  It's not as "solid" as DS expensive nursery furniture but it will do for what we need it for!

• We got #2 a Graco crib (I don't remember the type).  It is holding up pretty well but was a pain to put together and not anywhere near as nice as DD's Baby's Dream furniture.  It works well and looks nice plus it was a great price.
  • Loading the player...
  • We got the Baby Mod Cadence from Walmart for DD2. It is a convertible, and comes with the toddler rail. It was only $219 and had free site-to-store shipping. You really can't beat that price! I'm not a fan of traditional changing tables, so we got the Hemnes dresser from Ikea and will just put the changing pad on top.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I think we are planning to get another Young America crib for #2. I do have concerns about the size of the bedroom for #2 (they convert to a full size bed), but that may play itself out in the future (after all, the au pair does not need to have the biggest room in the house if we have kids share one). We are very pleased with the quality for the YA crib we have for #1, so it seems like a good idea.

For changing table, I just figure to go get something at Target or WalMart. Nothing that is any kind of a big deal. The one we use now was given to us by a family friend, and it works, but it is soooo not any style I like. we use it b/c it works and it was free. What more is there?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"