Washington Babies

Convertible carseats

What makes one better than another?  We have one Britax Marathon but I'd rather not spend that much on a second...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Convertible carseats

• We have this Evenflo carseat.

It is wonderful and on the less expensive end. I love the harness, because it's on a dial and you can can realease the tension with a push of a button. I know a few other bumpie ladies have a similar model and love it too.

It has a 30 lb rear facing weight limit, and a 50 lb forward facing weight limit. That is why we got it. Max will probably be close to 30 lbs when he turns 1. We needed a car seat to be rear facing for at least that long!

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• we just got the graco nautilus 3 in 1 and I wish I had gotten that one instead of the britax.  It works as a convertible car seat with a 5 point harness, then goes to a backed booster, and then a backless booster.  DD is really tall so she outgrew the britax way before the weight limit.  I still wanted her in a 5 pt harness so this seat does that perfectly.  And the back raisees so she'll be able to be in a 5 pt harness for a long time!
    ~Susan Mommy to H 08.07.06, and G 10.11.08, m/c(d&c) 08.10.05 13wks image
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Pregnancy blog
  • Loading the player...
  • We have that Evenflo seat too. I think the most important things to think about are ratings and how it fits into your car, b/c if it doesnt fit, then it wont install correctly. There are a lot of sites that have sales, etc where you can get good prices. We went to BRU and checked them out, they let you take the model to your car to see if it fits ,and then I got it online at a better price. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have teh Evenflo Triumph Advance (DLX??) and I love it.  I love that it doesnt' have slots for the shoulders, so it always has a good fit.  And I like the cranks for adjusting instead of pulling on the strap in the middle.   I really don't see the draw of teh Britax ones that are over $100 more.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"