Baby Showers
Options

weird? or just me...

so I called my aunt last week after our big us and she was so excited.  She said that she and my other aunt would love to throw a shower for me, and she'd get in touch in a few weeks to set the date etc.  

BUT, today I was at my moms and she tells me, your aunt called and said that she'd rather be a guest than actually host the shower...so, she's bailing and hasn't said anything to me.  We are really close and I feel a little awkward about this whole thing...is that weird?  or is it just me??

Re: weird? or just me...

• Options
    That is really weird. What about the other aunt that was supposed to help? I would wait another week and possibly call her and tell her you have your calendar so you can discuss dates. Or you could call her and ask her if she changed her mind. Rude.
  • Options

I don't think it's weird that she's had a change of heart, it happens.

i think it's plain rude that she hasn't communicated with you. Maybe though, she feels badly about it and so is using your Mum as the intermediary.

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I understand that people change their minds, but I think it's weird that a WEEK ago she was telling you she wanted to host the shower!  Don't feel awkward (if anyone should feel awkward, it's her)... your shower will be perfect whether she's a guest or a hostess!
  • Options
    imageKateLouise:

I don't think it's weird that she's had a change of heart, it happens.

i think it's plain rude that she hasn't communicated with you. Maybe though, she feels badly about it and so is using your Mum as the intermediary.

This. She should communicate with you. I would straight up call her and see if she still plans on it and that you might have heard other info from your mom. Just like you expect communication from her, remedy the situation by communicating with her.

• Options

This same thing happened to me.  I have 2 aunts on my dad's side that I'm pretty close with, and the one offered to throw me a shower for that side of the family.  I told her she didn't have to, that we could have one for both sides, but she insisted.

After that I had to e mail her with different dates I had open, and she picked one.  Well long story short, she never sent out the invitations.  It was 1 week before the supposed date and she hadn't done anything.  Then the shower was re scheduled 2 times.  Finally my OTHER aunt stepped up and she and I did the invitations, and she said she would just have it at her house. 

I don't know if my aunt just spoke too soon and didn't realize the responsibility that went along with hosting a shower, but she didn't really do anything to help my other aunt host.  It was insane and sressed me out more than it should have, especially when I didn't even want 2 separate showers in the first place. 

I think you just need to talk to her straight up and see what the deal is, becasue maybe she did want to help but now doesn't want to be responsible for the plans and the money that goes along with it. 

• Options
    Maybe she thought about it and looked at her finances and realized she couldn't handle it?  Like she got hit with a big expense that she didn't expect.  Maybe something else has come up in her life that makes her think she wouldn't do a good job hosting.........
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"