Pennsylvania Babies

Thank you ladies!

Thank you so much for the extra encouragement with my previous PPD post.  I finally made the call to my doctor this morning and actually got seen this afternoon.  She put me on Lexapro and said that I should start noticing a difference in the next couple days.  I honestly think I've been struggling with depression for years (DH thinks so too) and having Keaton just sent me over the edge.  I'm hoping this makes me a more happy mom, wife, friend, daughter, etc.  I'm so proud of myself for finally taking the steps I need to get better...this is something I should have done years ago.  I'm also thinking about seeing a therapist.  This is a huge step for me so I hope I start feeling better soon.  Thanks again for all your comments.  It's so nice to know that I am not alone and you all that are struggling as well will be in my thoughts and prayers.  If any of you want to talk to me...email me at luvmyyorkie@comcast dot net and we can be in this together.  

Re: Thank you ladies!

• I'm so glad to hear that you went forward with taking steps to deal with the PPD.  I feel like it actually takes a very strong person to be able to take that step.  I hope that this is the start of an upswing for you in all areas of your life!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm glad you called Lesli! I hope that you start feeling better and better each day!
  • Loading the player...
  • Great news! I'm so glad you were strong enough to ask for help!
  • YAY!!!  Leslie that is wonderful news!  You are such a strong woman for taking that step.  Best wishes to you
  • Lesli,

I just read your first post and wanted to let you know that I'm so sorry you're having a hard time. Good job calling your doctor! I hope you start to feel better soon.

• I'm late responding, but just wanted to say that I am glad you were able to make the call and get what you needed.  That speaks volumes to your ability to be a great mother.  Keaton's lucky to have a mom like you.

If you ever need to get out of the house, please feel free to stop over.  The first couple of weeks/months can feel very isolating with a newborn and any little outing might help. 

• I'm new to the nest but wanted to encourage you to hang in there and keep talking to people. I also wanted to share the name and number of a fabulous fabulous therapist. Best wishes and good luck.

Vivian Blanc - 303-5960 (located in Lemoyne)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"