D.C. Area Babies

36 week appt: progress!

(Kind of!) I had my 36 week appointment today and found out I was 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced. Better than I was expecting (which was nothing) but my doctor pointed out this probably doesn't mean much.

Any data points for me?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: 36 week appt: progress!

• I had mine on Tuesday and was told I was 1-2 cm and 60% effaced.  I'm not necessarily anticipating an early arrival, even though the midwife told me she didn't think I'd make it to the due date.  I was 3 cm and 50% at 37 weeks with DD and was still induced on my due date (the day before, I was 4-5 cm and 100%).  I want him to stay put until at least after Labor Day...though he's so active (as he rolls around and kicks my ribs right now) that I'd think his workouts have to be having some effect.

I was told that effacement progress is more telling than dilation, because once you're effaced, there's not much to prevent rapid dilation...but who knows.  The only thing you can predict about childbirth is that it will be unpredictable  :)

• its my due date, and as of today I'm still long and closed! but for some strange reason my OB still thinks I'll deliver before my induction date (Labor day weekend)
  • Loading the player...
  • That's great!  I had my appointment yesterday and am still 2 cm dilated but 70% effaced and my doctor last week said she didn't think I'd make it to my due date but so far  no contractions.  You might be well on your way!
  • At my 37 week appt (which was one day before I hit 38 weeks) I was 1 cm dilated and my cervix was softening and my 38 week appt I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced and I had my DD the following day exactly 1 week before her due date.  You never know.  I was really excited and nervous when the doctor told me I was dilated the first time and even more excited and nervous at my next appt. when the doctor told me I would have the baby in the next 2 days.  Have you dropped? 
  • any news like that is good news. I was almost 3 cm dialated and 70% effaced. At my 38 week appointment, the *brilliant* doctor told me he thought I had two WEEKS left (thanks sherlock- I knew that almost 8 months ago) and I went into labor two DAYS later.

But, I also know of women who were just like me but had to be induced too.

If it helps, we served DS an eviction notice with spicy foods (like Ben's chili bowl- yum!!) and it worked for us. I hope it works for you...when the time is right of course.

• imagemchopard:
    its my due date, and as of today I'm still long and closed! but for some strange reason my OB still thinks I'll deliver before my induction date (Labor day weekend)

*sending you lots of labor vibes for an easy delivery* GL and keep us posted!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"