Stay at Home Moms
Options

AW...debt free

As of yesterday my dh and I are debt free...and we still have 3/4 of my last years salary in savings. While I am excited, I am merely soaking in the moment because we plan to have a big family and send the kids to Catholic schools, so I know the whole debt free thing will be short lived. However, it is a nice state of financial security to be in when we welcome our first LO in a couple of weeks!!!

Re: AW...debt free

• Options
    That is excellent!  Congrats, that is a huge accomplishment!
  • Options
    What a great feeling..congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    that feeling must be amazing. any tips on how you did it?
  • Options
    That is awesome! Congrats!
  • Options

First, Congratulations!!!!!  That's such an accomplishment and something to be proud of!

Second, I'm so jealous.  We're working our way to being debt free.  We too want a big family and would love to send the kids to private school. 

DD 6/17/08, DD 6/9/10, DD 12/15/11
    BFP 5/24/13 - Natural MC 6/7/13
    BFP 8/13/13 - Natural MC 8/27/13
    Ovarian Mass = removal of left ovary & tube 9/13
    BFP 4/24/14 - Tubal Pregnancy 5/7/14
    Removal of  ruptured right tube 5/8/14
    IVF or adoption??
  • Options

Congratulations!!! ?We're trying to be, too... just paid off a (small) student loan and hope to pay the rest of our debt off with the sale of our house.?

Enjoy the rest of your pregnant, worry-free! :)?

• Options
    Big congratulations and welcome to the board!!!  :)

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options
    That is wonderful!!  What an accomplishment for you guys!  Good for you for planning ahead.  We also plan on having a large family (at least 4) & our first is in her 2nd year of Catholic school :o)  It'll be pricey when they are all in school (especially private HS) but we have our goals & we'll just do what's needed to accomplish them like you guys!
    AKA Carol*Brady! IHO my upcoming 10yr Nestiversary--Back to old screenname. My own Marsha, Jan & Cindy... imageDesigning a Life Blog
  • Options
    Isn't that just an awesome feeling?  I know they say money can't buy happiness, but I beg to differ Wink  We are finally getting paid for the work done this hauling season (we own a small trucking business) and DH *finally* put one of our trailers up for sale.  We don't need it, we're still paying for it and that kind of trailer just isn't getting work this year.  Plus, the money from that will pay off a LOT of stuff.  While we're not debt free yet, it's nice to know we're heading that way...we can finally breathe a bit Smile
    DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Can not wait for the day I can use that subject line.  Congrats!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"