Special Needs

Books on ASD

What books have you found helpful?  Most interesting? 

What books do recommend to impliment the gluten free/casein free diet?

What do you think of Jenny McCarthy's books?

I am reading Changing the Course of Autism currently.  It's by Bryan Jepson

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

Re: Books on ASD

• I am really LOVING 'More than Words' (Haman style) right now. We got the book/dvd set from a local resource center. I think it is a real eye opener to a better understanding of communication levels/readiness in young kids. I don't even think it has to only apply to ASD.... but it certainly does apply for MY ASD son. 

If you need something to absorb in and help you understand/facilitate better communication throughout your day - try this out. The BOOK is about 500 pages, and I don't intend to read it all, but the DVD companion is awesome and you only really need to look at the worksheets in the book as you go.

The best part for us is that I am watching it WITH dad & we can watch these kids and talk about it and be on the same page with where we think DS is. I'm more confident that we are both at least trying to help DS in the same way and not working against each other.  

There are some parents who feel GFCF works for their child & probably less who trust Jenny McCarthy. This board is not usually very supportive of either. I have not tried GFCF (and probably wont) and I feel Jenny discredited herself with me when she changed her story about how her son's autism came about (first she said it was 100% out of the blue/vaccine - then she said she noticed the signs from when he was a baby. That is a totally different thing.) I have not READ any of her books. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"