Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Dermatologist Recs??

I found a really weird mole on my back this morning and I need to get in stat! I have NEVER been to a derm before... oops.

Any recs for a Derm - preferably in Ft Worth but will take anything in HEB, Southlake and Grapevine.

Re: Dermatologist Recs??

• I recently had a skin cancer scare (when it rains it pours), and luckily everything is ok.  I found an excellent Derm. but she's off 75 and Walnut Hill, so probably a lot further than you want to drive.  Let me know if you want her info.  And awesome that you are getting this checked out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemikey&amie:
    I recently had a skin cancer scare (when it rains it pours), and luckily everything is ok.  I found an excellent Derm. but she's off 75 and Walnut Hill, so probably a lot further than you want to drive.  Let me know if you want her info.  And awesome that you are getting this checked out!

I am kind of scared but I am trying not to get too riled up about it. I am so glad yours turned out to be nothing!

I just asked my boss who she uses and made an appt with her doc. I have to wait a couple weeks but I think I can make it.

• Loading the player...
  • I had a rough couple of days while waiting for the results. I had convinced myself of the worst (I'm a terrible worrier that way).  So yeah, don't do what I did.  Chances are everything is just fine, and it's great that you're getting it checked out right away.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I haven't seen her yet, but I have an appt. next month with a dermatologist in Bedford (I think over by HEB).  I'll post tonight their info. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• imagemikey&amie:
    I recently had a skin cancer scare (when it rains it pours), and luckily everything is ok.  I found an excellent Derm. but she's off 75 and Walnut Hill, so probably a lot further than you want to drive.  Let me know if you want her info.  And awesome that you are getting this checked out!
    Can you PM me the info to your doctor? I have a weird mole that just popped up on my arm within the past week and DH told me I need to go and get it checked out.
  • I am about to start an externship for a Dermatologist named Ralph Brooks. He is located at 909 9th Ave. Forth Worth, TX But you need to get a referral from your PCP first!
  • And also, I know it's kind of a stressful/scary situation, but try to stay calm. If the mole IS cancerous, you' still have great chances of being normal and healthy!! A lot of people get malignant melanoma, more than we know about. My grandpa had a few spots on his face and I kept telling him to get it checked out, he finally did and it was melanoma. They removed it and gave him an ointment to put on it, and that was it. No scarring or anything.

Hopefully this helps a little bit!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"