Adoption

GTKYF: How far along in the Adoption process are you and how long have you been at this stage?

My assessment was completed on May 27th 2009. So, basically I have been at this stage for 13 weeks and 2 days. My SW said that they are waiting on the court and they won't recommence until October, so I will be at this stage for a while longer.

Re: GTKYF: How far along in the Adoption process are you and how long have you been at this stage?

• We completed our adoption application on 11/2008, then waited and went forward with home study in March 2009 and was ready for 'activation' with agency April 2009 but planned to wait until end of May 2009. 

April 29th we received a call about a baby boy born about five hours from us. We went forward and are the parents to Grant.

NJ requires 4 post placement visits (at 2 weeks, 2 mo, 4 mo and 6 mo) before finalization. We just completed our 4 month visit.

We have one more post placement visit to be complete mid to end of October. Then we will receive a court date.

We hope to be legally finalized by Thanksgiving.  

• We decided to adopt last June, had our homestudy completed by the beginning of November... Then the agency sat on it for almost 2 months while we tried to bug them to figure out what was going on. 

We were finally "available" December 31st.  Had one failed match in January and have been waiting ever since.  We are being shown now, so we'll see what comes of that. 

• Loading the player...
  • I am just starting the process. I am in the process of reading some of the suggested literature (thanks!) and we hope to adopt sometime in the next 2-3 years.

I feel like I'm too far out to do much of anything, but looking at everyone's timelines in the past week or so, it seems as though I'm really not that off base. All the information has been wonderful so far, ladies, thank you!

• We started the process 10/01/08, became live around 05/04/09 were matched on 08/17/09. Just waiting for LO to be born and hoping the adoption plan is a go with BM. 

We'll be waiting almost exactly 2 month at this stage when all is said and done. It's been 12 days so far.  

• Well...We started the whole FA process this spring.  We have completed all our physicals, references, CPR training, PRIDE training, 4 home visits, etc. We had a home visit a few days ago, now we're waiting on ANOTHER back ground check, and waiting to be signed up for the spaulding (adoption) classes.  We're waiting on an opening, so who knows how long that will be :( I hope it's not too long.  I was hoping to be licensed by this point.

• Just starting out. We're researching agencies right now and reading some of the "suggested literature" :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • We are in the homestretch. Just got our date for finalization! September 14th!!!!
  • We have our first homestudy meeting next Wednesday, Sept 2.

We haven't been at this stage very long, just about 2 1/2 weeks.

After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
  • We made the decision to adopt last March (08) and started researching agencies.  We selected our agency and our application was approved in August and began the paper chase and homestudy.  Our homestudy was approved in the beginning of November.  We had our first failed placement two weeks later.  We had our second failed placement in March of this year.  We were FINALLY matched with our daughter April 30 and brought her home June 22!  We are now awaiting finalization.  We are in the 6 month waiting period while they have to advertise for the BF since it is unknown.  Once that time is up, we can petition for termination of rights and finally have our adoption finalized!  We have also completed 1 out of 4 post-placement visits (our next one is Sept 17).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Hopefully a week from traveling after a long, long wait. We are waiting for confirmation on Tuesday that the kids' visas are going to be issued, then we hope to fly out on Friday, pick up the kid on Saturday and home on Sunday!
  • We started the research process last October. We started our home study in July, now waiting for it to be written and approved. We should be active by the 1st of October.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We selected our agency 08/08 and began the process. We went active 01/01/09. We were matched with our BM 07/20/09 (a previous match 07/01/09 fell through). Our BM is due 01/04/10. We're just praying everything continues to go smoothly until then. :)
  • We started the basic research June 08.  We chose an agency and "signed" in early January.  Our profile went live in late February. So, we've been waiting for a match for six months (wow...it doesn't seem like it's been that long). 
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • We got the call to see if we wanted to adopt 9/21/2007 DD was almost two months.

Waited and researched to see if we could from Canada while TPR was done. Ok'd to start July 28, 2008

Contacted agency to do homestudy Aug 2008. Completed homestudy #1 December 2008. Started homestudy #2 December 2008 and completed Feb. 2009.

Completed all the approvals for both goverments June 2009. Going to pick-up DD Sept 21, 2009.

Will have to wait 6 months to finalize.

• We started application process in Dec '08 and got homestudy approval about 2 months ago.

Just waiting for placement now.

2 years TTC with 5 losses, 1 year recovering, 6 months applying for adoption approval, and almost a year waiting for a placement. Then, a miracle BFP at age 36!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We started the process in March '09 and are now licensed. Waiting to be placed.
    After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.
  • We started our process in April 08. We are still waiting for a match!! :(
  • We started researching adoption in November 2007. We decided on an agency and signed with them in September 2008.

In December 2008 we found they wouldn't let us have an active file until I turned 23 in Feb 2009 --- after I turned 23 we were told there wasn't anyone getting placed in our region (they allow 4 couples per region to be on the list).

In May 09 I told the agency if they didn't want to go ahead and get our paperwork out of the way we would find another agency --- they said they could and started our HS.

After coming across fingerprint issues and waiting forever to get clearance -- we finally have everything back but are just waiting on our SW to finish her paperwork.

Last week she told me that everything is going good -- she should be done with her paperwork the first week of Sept and then we could discuss how we fit into their program ---

So I honestly don't know WHEN we're going to be waiting on a baby. Tongue Tied

• Congratulations to all of you ladies that already have their LO's at home and to all of you that are still waiting for a LO like I am, I hope that your wait isn't too much longer. I would love most if not all of us to have a Christmas with kids in our homes.
  • We have our final home visit for our home study on Monday. We submitted our application the end of May, so we've been at it 3 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"