Georgia Babies
Options

MOMs Groups--have to vent

I'm about ready to scream and am totally hating FL.  I have been making all kinds of efforts to meet other moms in the area so that Alec and Aerin can meet new friends.  I have attempted to join 3 mothers groups in the area but have been DENIED admission to all 3.

1. denied because I work FT and can't attend play dates during the week

2. denied from the other 2 because I live .5 miles outside of the zipcode for the moms groups--that was even after I had a friend sponsor me.

Unbelievable!!  On top of all of this, there are no coffee places around.  I had found one and it closed down this week...I'm really living in the armpit of America!!!

I am counting down the months until we can come back to Atlanta.  22 months left :)

Vent over!!  Happy Friday to everyone.

Re: MOMs Groups--have to vent

• Options
    Seriously, WTF?!?!  What kind of mother DENIES another mother entry into a freaking playgroup?!  To me its the worst form of pettiness to be rude to other mothers.  What, are we in high school playing cool kids?  Aren't we all in this for our kids?  Even if I didn't particularly like another woman, I would tolerate her and her zip code for crying out loud so our kids could play if for no other reason to show my kid how to accept others.  Sorry, hon, but honestly you probably do not want to be friends with these bitches anyway.  I hope you can find another group that is better.
  • Options
    That stinks!  I am sorry and I think that is rude that they denied you because you work.  Shouldn't moms stick together no matter if we work or SAH?  Do you have any families in your neighborhood that have small kids?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

LOL. Sorry but i find it soooo comical that Moms group would have all these rules. That's hardcore. I hope that you find better luck in a finding a group that you would truly enjoy. Come back to GA soon!

• Options
    Aw man, that stinks!  I'm sorry you are having trouble finding a group.  Do you have neighbors with kids close in age?  Church, park might be other good places to run into kids as well.
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options
    OMG, I would be livid if they ever tried to turn me away because I am a working mom!  Or because I live outside of their delineated area.  WTH is wrong with these women?  Maybe you should try to start your own Mom's Group?  Seriously, wow... I just can't believe the pettyness!

• Options
    I think that this is INSANE! I would also be livid that I got denied b/c I work. The point of these groups is to find support and lend it to your fellow mommies, let the kids play etc...I hate that they did that to you. The zip code thing is also completely ridiculous. GROW UP PEOPLE!! I am sorry that happend it's completely ridiculous.
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    FFS!!!  I'll start a mom's group with you.  we can exchange numbers and call each other and drink coffee 5,000 miles apart.  REALLY, a half a damn mile???? That's so bizzare.
  • Options
    OUTRAGEOUS!   EFF them!  Where the heck are you in FL?  I may have some Moms that would LOVE to be in your playdate list!
  • Options

Thanks Ladies!!

Soontobe3--we are in Sanford, FL (just outside of Lake Mary and Heathrow), near Orlando.

I do have Alec signed up for soccer and we are hoping to meet people through our church.

I'm just bitter and pissed at these moms--you should see the formal application and process just to be part of the group--RIDICULOUS.

• Options
    i agree with ebearwife.  You probably don't want to be friends with these bitches. It's extremely petty.  I mean, who denies someone entry into a playgroup. 
  • Options
    One of my good friends lives in Altamonte Springs. That's more than .5 miles, but only about 20 mins!  I hope that it gets better girl! 
  • Options
    that is seriously the most ridiculous thing ever lady!  I'm sorry!  You can come back and play here anytime!
  • Options
    An APPLICATION?  That is over the top.  Since this is a family board I won't tell you the ebear response to that.  But it involves going middle GA half cajun on them.
  • Options
    from the sound of it, I don't think you would want to be in their stinky group anyway.  Good luck and i hope the months pass quickly for you to come home!
  • Options
    Seriously?  That is absolutely RIDICULOUS!  And, I thought central Florida was supposedly where the nice Floridians lived.  I wouldn't be so surprised if you were in South Florida, as that is what I'd expect, but central Florida?  A formal application process?  Whatever!  I will ask my step-mom if she knows any moms of young ones that you can hook up with (they live in Casselberry and she works for a dental group in Sanford). 
  • Options
    imagemaykat:

Thanks Ladies!!

Soontobe3--we are in Sanford, FL (just outside of Lake Mary and Heathrow), near Orlando.

I do have Alec signed up for soccer and we are hoping to meet people through our church.

I'm just bitter and pissed at these moms--you should see the formal application and process just to be part of the group--RIDICULOUS.

I hate to say this, but after living in Orlando for 15 years, this isn't surprising.  Church and after school activities are your best bets, but don't get discouraged if you don't hook up with anyone right away.   CFL is just... well, like that. It may take time to click with people.

My sister lives in Apopka with two young ones, but that means you'd have to hang out with her and, well, that would be mean ;)

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Seriously?????  Well, who needs them anyway?  We still love you and can't wait for you to get back here!  I don't think I know anyone who lives down there anymore but I'll check my contacts and see.
  • Options
    MOMs is a good idea, but they are too strict with boundries...I sm sure they have their reasons but sheesh.  As for being a  working mom and  getting rejected, that is just wrong.  What a bunch of losers.
  • Options

imageKerrin:
    from the sound of it, I don't think you would want to be in their stinky group anyway.  Good luck and i hope the months pass quickly for you to come home!

Big WORD to Kerrin. Are you posting on the Local Bump board? Maybe you can find some mamas there that also work. :)

• Options
    Now that is the craziest thing ever!  I didn't realize that with Mom groups there were "rules".....  I am so sorry!
  • Options

If it makes you feel better, I just got kicked out of my mom's group because I work.  I have belonged for 2 years as a working mom, but just received an email with a new policy that says if you can't attend three playgroups in a row you can't be in the group.

I understand that they want to make sure they have people showing up each week and that there are a number of mom's in the rotation for hosting but is it necessary to kick me out.  Can't you just add new members and I will attend the 3 or 4 times a year that I can make it.

Really makes me sad because these are my only mommy friends that I know in real life and I felt so lucky to have them.

• Options

You already know how I feel about it!! ?Ya it's total crap! ?Like who cares if you work? ?Sheesh!! ?

We are here if you ever want to get together!!! ?I'm sorry you are having such a crappy welcome to CFL:( ? ?

• Options
    If you need a friend, my brother and SIL (who are expecting Oct 4) live in Altamonte Springs....I got permission from my brother to give out their contact info to people I know who have been relocated to Hotlando (Wink) you can email me for it if you want...my brother and SIL are so sweet! code3chica@yahoo.com
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • Options
    If you'll send me the groups' contact info, I'll apply and then I'll reject THEM for being so frigging STUCK-UP!!!  Stupid people.  See FB message. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I just got booted out of one in my county on FB because I haven't been able to attend things for various reasons.

Sucks.  I totally took it personally too. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"