Georgia Babies

Major Cravings

So I am so not a fan of cakes or chocolate, but I am totally craving a yellow cake with chocolate frosting right now!  And we don't have the stuff in the house and I'm without a car right now. :( 

Re: Major Cravings

• When I was pregnant, I had a random craving for cookie cake at like 10:30 one night.  DH offered to go to Kroger for me, but I made him drive me there so I could pick it out b/c I needed it to have just the right cookie to icing ratio.  And the icing needed to be white and yellow.  I think that was the most specific craving I had the whole pregnancy.

• LOL! I LOVE cookie cakes... and I totally understand the whole cookie to icing ratio thing - gotta have a little icing with every bite to make it perfect. 

I had my cravings late at night too and DH wouldn't go get anything for me from the store to satisfy my cravings and then right after we got back from vacation in July and I had gained so much weight while on vacation (went to visit my Grandparents in MI and my Grandma had home cooked meals every night plus we ate out all day during the day - so not good for me), but when we got home DH finally decided to help out with a craving of mine and bought me a bag of cheetos.  After I'd just been to the drs office and found out how much weight I'd gained on our trip.  I was bummed because I so badly wanted to pig out on those cheetos, but knew I couldn't and that I had to really watch it and pace myself.  That's the only time DH has even tried to fill one of my cravings for me and sadly it was at the worst possible time ever. :( 

He's a sweetheart, but he just totally doesn't get these cravings and whole pregnancy thing.  He thinks they're easy to push aside like they are when you're not pregnant (not that they are easy to do then either, but they're so much easier then than they are now!). And he doesn't get that.  Poor guy. 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not a sweet eater ...unless I'm preggo or breast feeding.  My husband has a huge sweet tooth.  The kids get it from him I guess.

I wanted cupcakes all the time with Colton. 

• No cravings here!! I don't know if that's a good thing or not, but I had the worse morning sickness and until about a month ago it finally went away, but even now I haven't found anything that just calls my name. The only time I can remember was about two months ago, it was 10PM and I wanted some checker fries lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have been going through cravings phases.  The first 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant I wanted all kinds of meat all day long.  Big huge full meals at least 3 xs a day if not more often than that.  Every place we passed on the road I wanted to stop and chow down.  Then I went through my m/s stage for about 1mth and 1/2 and wanted subway sandwiches all the time (not that they stayed down, but I still wanted them), and BBQ chicken.  Then it was the cheetos, and now it's like anything that is sweet and sugary... which I have totally kept an eye on how much of the sweets I have been eating, but still I'm always wanting candy and stuff like that.  Mostly seems to be skittles, starbursts, candy bars and such right now.  Which I have always loved those things so it isn't really shocking, but it's way harder to control the cravings now than it ever was before.  I get the occasional other craving every now and then for something different, but that's pretty much been the things I have been going after.  Mostly healthy stuff until the last 2 months or so.  :-
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"