Two Under 2
Options

Okay...so P&T's and CityMini Double seem to be people's favs...

But I'm not sold on the P&T's yet.  I can't find a configuration for a newborn (in carseat) and toddler on the website, so I don't know if that is a good option.  A poster on my post yesterday made a good point that I agree with...I don't like that the child on the back will be so low and looking at bro/sis's behind the whole ride.  

I've had quite a few people recommend the CityMini double stroller.  How is the maneuvering for a side by side?  Is it difficult to take it places?  

This search has now made me want to come up with a nice, tandem stroller that has multiple configurations (like the Kolcraft) without being wicked heavy, cumbersome and hard to maneuver!  Man, I could get rich that way!! :)  Hehe!

Anyway, any other suggestions?

TIA! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Okay...so P&T's and CityMini Double seem to be people's favs...

• Options
    After checking out the city mini double in person, I absolutely fell in love with it!!!!  It was easy to push around with one hand and I'm pretty sure I could lift it out while holding a child and folding it up is so simple as well.  I have the Peg Perego Aria single now, and besides a couple things I don't like about it (the harness & canopy) the fact that it is so light makes me love it and being so light makes any stroller easier to maneveur!!  I agree with the whole P&T's, and not having the child so low and unable to see......but then again, you can use it as a single if you needed to so that's a plus. 
  • Options

imagedjandkellen:
    I don't like that the child on the back will be so low and looking at bro/sis's behind the whole ride.  

Just so you know there is plenty of space to see out and about. My kids actually want to sit down there as opposed to up top. And it comes with a carseat attachment. I used with with my Snugride up top and toddler below. I have pictures of it in use and you can see how much room there is for the jump seat. In the Kohlcraft if both facing forward the child is still looking at the back of the seat in front.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I LOVE the City Mini! I wanted one so badly but needed a tandem and a true jogger so unless I can convince DH to get a 3rd one... lol. Maybe as my umbrella stroller???

?

Try out the P&T before you buy it if you can. I put my then 8-9 months old in the lower seat, strapped her in properly and she still reached the wheels and stuck her fingers in there. The wheel guards were on and not enough.

Plus both DH and I kept kicking the seat just walking around the store.

So just make sure it's the right fit for you family before you spend that much money. It's one of those strollers that people either love it or hate it... there seems to be not that many who are just?indifferent?to it.?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would definitely try them out in a store if you can.  I had doubts about the P & T, so I tried it out (just with DD in both seats).  She hated, hated, hated the jump seat.  I know lots of people like the P & T and lots of kids like the jump seat, but that wasn't my experience.  I like the City Mini a lot but think I am going with the City Classic, because I want inflatable tires.  Baby Jogger also has a City Micro now that is even smaller than the Mini, but I haven't seen it in stores yet.
  • Options

imagemollyandmarcus:
    After checking out the city mini double in person, I absolutely fell in love with it!!!!  It was easy to push around with one hand and I'm pretty sure I could lift it out while holding a child and folding it up is so simple as well.  

This!

imageimageimageimageimage 9/07 m/c baby boy @ 18wks, 4/09 m/c @ 4.5wks
  • Options

imageangie212:
    I would definitely try them out in a store if you can.  I had doubts about the P & T, so I tried it out (just with DD in both seats).  She hated, hated, hated the jump seat.  I know lots of people like the P & T and lots of kids like the jump seat, but that wasn't my experience.  I like the City Mini a lot but think I am going with the City Classic, because I want inflatable tires.  Baby Jogger also has a City Micro now that is even smaller than the Mini, but I haven't seen it in stores yet.

If you go baby jogger... get the classic.  one person told me that you want inflatable, swivel tires for a double...  when I was looking I found my top three in one store... the baby jogger (there was a mini and a classic, I prefer the canopies on the mini, but the classic is a smoother ride, both smooth though, and better made), the bumbleride indie twin (this one comes with a car seat adapter, fyi.. just a bulky fold... but many doubles are big when folded), and the P&T... seeing them side by side helped me make my decision. For us.. the P&T has been a dream!!!  My kids love the jump seat... no one has had pinched fingers....  It's a single and a double.  I did not buy a double until my youngest was 9m old... I carried him in a hotsling or the bjorn until that time.. or dd walked.  So I really wasn't looking at infant seat holders... I did jog a 5K with my P&T.  I"ve had it over a year and so far so good.  We're looking at umbrella strollers now (singles) for when we all go into Manhattan together... easier for the subways.  But I use my P&T when walking the dog and can push it with one hand.... really, after trying my top three, I would recommend all of them... just make sure you look at 'em and make sure the one you pick will fit in your trunk.  

good luck shopping. 

• Options
    imageHalo79RN:

imageangie212:

If you go baby jogger... get the classic.  one person told me that you want inflatable, swivel tires for a double...  when I was looking I found my top three in one store... the baby jogger (there was a mini and a classic, I prefer the canopies on the mini, but the classic is a smoother ride, both smooth though, and better made), the bumbleride indie twin (this one comes with a car seat adapter, fyi.. just a bulky fold... but many doubles are big when folded), and the P&T... seeing them side by side helped me make my decision. For us.. the P&T has been a dream!!!  My kids love the jump seat... no one has had pinched fingers....  It's a single and a double.  I did not buy a double until my youngest was 9m old... I carried him in a hotsling or the bjorn until that time.. or dd walked.  So I really wasn't looking at infant seat holders... I did jog a 5K with my P&T.  I"ve had it over a year and so far so good.  We're looking at umbrella strollers now (singles) for when we all go into Manhattan together... easier for the subways.  But I use my P&T when walking the dog and can push it with one hand.... really, after trying my top three, I would recommend all of them... just make sure you look at 'em and make sure the one you pick will fit in your trunk.  

good luck shopping. 

I just saw a Bumbleride at the park the other day, and the dad using it had only good things to say about it.  It's on my list of ones to comparison shop.  I also like the BOB Revolution, but it is a little wider than the City Classic.  I still have a lot of time, but for some reason I think about the stupid stroller more than anything else (including new furniture!)

• Options

We have the City Classic, which we got b/c of the tires..wanted all-terrain type of stroller- I would think it is too wide to fit through store aisles, even though it does "fit through standard doors"  I checked it out and loved it for what we want a double stroller for.  I also looked at the Mountain Buggy and the Bumbleride, MB was too much $ and B didn't have a color I liked.

I think that the previous posters are right, you really have to look at all the options (I was the one who didn't like the Phil and Ted's b/c of the way are seated) but obviously a lot of people do though......  It depends what will you use the stroller for as to what type you might need.  Look at it in a store if you can and try it out for yourself.  Good luck! 

• Options

imageagmaso:
    ITry out the P&T before you buy it if you can. I put my then 8-9 months old in the lower seat, strapped her in properly and she still reached the wheels and stuck her fingers in there. The wheel guards were on and not enough.

Yeah, I had my heart set on a P&T but when we put DD in it at the store to try it out, she hated it and looked sooo uncomfortable.  DD is tall for her age and the bar behind the toddler seat hit her in the middle of her neck.  I would have been uncomfortable too!  So we went with the City Mini.  I love this stroller, but I have to say, if you are in a crowded store like Gymboree or Macys, it is pretty hard to squeeze by some of the clothes racks.  Can be annoying sometimes.  If you aren't much of a shopper, you'll probably be okay.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageghostgirl:

the bar behind the toddler seat hit her in the middle of her neck. 

? Mine does not have this????

• Options

The p&T has a configuration for the carseat.  You have to look under drive then travel system... hope this works... https://www.philandteds.com/travel_system_index.htm 

I pre-ordered the carseat adapter so that i can use it with my Chicco keyfit 30.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"