Pennsylvania Babies

Previous MC

We had a miscarriage about 2 months ago.  It was our first pregnancy.  Is anyone else scared to try again?  We are allowed to start trying again soon, but I just know I am going to be very nervous next time around.  Any advice?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Previous MC

• I had two miscarriages before I had a successful pregnancy.  Miscarriages are very difficult, take your time and please remember it was nothing that you did wrong.  I spent a few months blaming myself, we found out we were pregnant again on our anniversary and 2 weeks later I miscarried.   I went through all the tests and they could not find anything wrong, a few months later we were successful. 

My only suggestion is to have faith that everything will work out like it is supposed to.  The loss is hard no matter what, but I wish you the best.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I was terrified.  Unfortunately becuase of that, I was pretty emotionally distant with being pregnant with Cole.  Don't let it get to you.  It is a traumatic thing to have to go through, but looking back, I should have enjoyed every moment of my pregnancy - if my pregnancy had ended in miscarriage again, I would have regretted not enjoying and feeling every moment.  I didn't want to get as attached, or be as excited, like I was the first time, so that if it didn't work out, I wouldn't be as hurt - which I know is crap, it was my... survival mechanism.  I still regret not getting excited in the beginning. 

It's scary, but hopefully you can enjoy every moment and let go of that fear.

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• Loading the player...
  • Oh my word, this is exactly how I feel.  I am afraid to get excited about this one...just in case it ends up like last time.  I had my blood tested today to make sure my hormones are as they should be...I am very scared of the results.  They say if they are as they should be...we can set up an ultrasound right away...but this is even scarrier for me because this is when I found out our baby had passed away.  I definitely feel like this is more scary than exciting right now!  Once I hear the heartbeat...I will feel much better (I read that miscarriage rate goes down to 2% once you hear the heartbeat)!  But right now I feel like I am just treading water... 

I def need to let go of the fear....it's just easier said than done!

Lauren

• Your baby is adorable by the way!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"