Maryland Babies
Options

Midwife recs, possibly St. Joes or Franklin Square?

Hello,

My DH and I are TTC and I have heard you should find an OB/Midwife before you're actually pg.  So I'm looking for one in my area.  I've had a quasi pre-pregnancy counseling with my reg Gyn, but since we just moved, the recs she gave are about an hour away.  I was hoping to find one at either St. Joe's or Franklin Square Hospital.  Any positive/negative experiences with either?  I'm going to call and make meet and greet appts, but just wanted some guidance if anyone has any. 

Also, I chose these because we live in Parkville.  If you have a phenomenal exp at another place, let me know, I'd like to know so I can consider it.  These are just the two closest to me. 

TIA!  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Midwife recs, possibly St. Joes or Franklin Square?

• Options
    This is not in the Parkville area but I just gave birth at Special Beginnings in Arnold, MD last Monday and it was a phenomenal experience.  My prenatal care was stellar as well.  Let me know if you would like any specifics.
  • Options

First and foremost, Congratulations!  Big Smile

I've heard great things about Special Beginnings.  A friend of mine toured there a few months ago.  My only concern is that it's over an hour away from my house.  I'd really like to find a place closer.  But I'll definitely look into it again.  I really appreciate you taking your time to post, especially with a newborn!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    np and ty :)
  • Options
    I love my obstetrician, Dr. Joanne Lim. She has offices at St. Joe's and in Parkville at Harford & Putty Hill, and has hospital privileges at St. Joe's and GBMC. She assisted my regular gyno with a surgery I had last year that allowed me to conceive. Smile She takes time to go over all of your concerns and is very educated and considerate of unique situations. At first I was upset because my regular gyno doesn't deliver babies anymore and I was very upset about going to someone else, but he recommended her and I am so grateful.

• Options

I really love the practice I go to....I went there based on the recs from three different friends, who all rave about them. 

Charles St. Obgyn...there are 3 doctors you see when pregnant, two men, one woman and the offices are at GBMC.  The woman (Dr. Erdman) is the one everyone raves about and I like her as well...the other two (Dr. Singh and Dr. Ottenritter) are just as good...it really is just a personal preference.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    I also live in Parkville and will be using a midwife out of Sinai, Hilles Whedbee.  PM me if you'd like addtl info.
  • Options

Two of my friends have recommended Women's Health Associates at St. Joe's. They are a group of 5 midwives and 3 docs. All the midwives are women and the docs are 2 male and 1 female. Not sure how it works with your appts regarding who you see and who delivers you etc? Their number is 410-337-9878.

My GYN also recommended the Joanne Lim. Her mother, sister, and brother are all OBs as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"