D.C. Area Babies
Options

Ferberizing Day 1

Finally needed to get our bed back.....he's crying as I type this and I feel terrible about it! I'm really hoping this works for our family, as we all need to get our rest and the co-sleeping has gone on way.too.long. I blame myself mostly for continuing it, but better late than never to get him to sleep on his own.

I know some of you have tried the Feber method, but I was wondering of those that did, did your DC have any after-effects the next morning? I'm just hoping he doesn't hate me tomorrow morning for what I'm putting thim through tonight.

Re: Ferberizing Day 1

• Options
    And he's asleep! I did the 5 minute and 10 minute checks and he was fast asleep before I was able to do the 15 minute check. I don't suppose tomorrow will go this well??!!
  • Options
    Sounds like he was ready!  Good luck tomorrow! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nothing to add but wanted to say good luck and hope it goes easily tomorrow night too!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't know much about the Ferber method, but I just wanted to say good luck. I hope things continue to go smoothly. Also, I doubt he will hate you in the morning! Well-rested babies are happy babies!! :-)
  • Options
    Wow - that was fast! That's great! He won't hate you in the morning at all. We had to do this with DD1 when she was about 9 or 10 months old. The first night took over an hour, the next two took less, and then things got much better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

he will love you as always in the morning! maybe even more b/c he'll be well-rested

2nd night is supposed to be worse but it wasn't for us, by the weekend he'll be sleeping all night and falling asleep on his own!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"