Philadelphia Babies

Question for moms who delivered at Bryn Mawr...

I was wondering what the hospital offers to assist in your natural birth?  Do they have showers, baths, etc? I am planning on bringing my own birth ball, but I just wanted to see how helpful the staff is on assisting you in your attempt at natural labor.  TIA

Re: Question for moms who delivered at Bryn Mawr...

• I don't have the answer for you, but will be delivering at Bryn Mawr in December and am curious to hear others responses.  Have you gone for your tour yet?  We have ours scheduled for next month and I was hoping they might answer some of these questions then.
  • They definitely have showers and birthing balls available, but no tubs that I saw.  

They are actually very supportive of the natural birth idea.  By the time I got to the hospital I was in active labor and went from 5-9cm in like 40 minutes and both the nurse and the doctor tried to convince me I didn't need the epidural since the "worst part was almost over."   

I still chickened out and got it anyway. :)

All in all it was a great experience.  I am going to definitely go back for my second.

• Loading the player...
  • They have one room with a bath, but its first come, first served.

I had a natural childbirth at Bryn Mawr - I brought a birthing ball but never used it. They were very supportive. As soon as I told them I wanted nothing for pain management - they never asked me if I wanted it again. The L&D nurse that was with me during my labor was wonderful.

GL!

imageimage
    Zachary Ryan - 1/13/08 - 6lbs 15oz, 20.5 inches
    Lilia Rose - 5/11/10 - 8lbs 6oz, 21 inches
    imageimage
  • This is an awesome question and I thank the ladies for their replies.  I'm also going natural and delivering at Bryn Mawr.  I'll bring my own birthing ball.  Thanks again!
  • Just a warning that there are 11 doctors on rotation there and while MOST of them are very supportive, my friend got one who would NOT let up about her getting an epi and how she was punishing herself for no reason, etc ,etc.

That is a minority of the doctors, but it has happened (would probably happen anywhere!)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • They do have birthing balls available for use.

they have showers- and the nurses were great. if you tell them you don't need to be asked about pain management they won't ask- tell them you will tell them if you need anything.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I go for my class and tour on 10/3.  I'll be asking all those questions (and about 50 more).  I'll post afterward.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"