Nurseries and Baby Gear

fix scratches on a crib?

so we have a really dark cherry crib, and our stupid cats got in the room with it and were climbing in it and scratched up the rails some :( i'm so upset, ugh. I was just wondering if anyone has any idea the easiest way to cover up or fix the scratches. There aren't very many, but since the stain is so dark they really show up big time

Re: fix scratches on a crib?

• We've had the same issue. 

Call the company who makes the crib.  They will send you a touch up pen or paint.

• a friend of mine told me to make a paste of instant coffee and water and put it on the scratches and let it sit for a few mibutes then wipr it off. and it is working WONDERS! i am amazed at how well it is darkening them up. i have ad to do it a couple of times because the wood is so dark, but it is really making it look much better
  • Loading the player...
  • They sell stuff in cleaning aisle near the wood dusting stuff for scratches on wood. It comes in light or dark. It just stains the scratch so you don't notice it. 
  • they also sell those touch up stain pens at most craft stores... like Hobby Lobby or Michaels.

• I bought an expresso stain touch up pen at walmart....on the aisles with their cheap particle board furniture.   It worked great on our desks!!   They had a variety of colors.
  • imagesabrjen:

they also sell those touch up stain pens at most craft stores... like Hobby Lobby or Michaels.

HD and lowes have them, too.

"A friend loves at all times..." Pr. 17:17 MY GOOGLEPAGES BIO imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • There is a dark "fix it" polish that works well. You can get it at regular stores.
    Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"