Maryland Babies

DAYCARE HELP!

I am having a har time finding a day care for an infant for January, 2010. I live in Towson but I work in Millersville, MD. Can anyone refer a center for me to check out? I'm getting nervous...

Re: DAYCARE HELP!

• Which way would you be going to work? 695 east to 95?

My DD goes to a daycare in parkville. Its about 3 minutes off 695. I live in Essex and work in Essex but I still take her there even though it is out of my way. 

www.parkvilledaycare.org

They have prices listed. 

• Hi-

Not to make you too anxious, but I had a really, really, really hard time finding daycare in Towson, which is where I live too.

?There are a few centers, which we found, but didn't like any of them. ?We toured Magic Moments and they had TON of infractions from their state survey. ?We also toured another one, Zoned for Kids, which we didn't care for. ?

I tried to find an in home provider, but none of them had openings for infants, and the one the "might" have, didn't want to take such small babies anymore. ?

So, long story short, we ended up going with Goddard in White Marsh, which costs and arm and a leg, but it was the only place we were comfortable with. ?We couldn't get a spot until June of 2010. ?I'm due next week, so we'll be paying my husband's sister to watch our baby in the meantime.

I did check out Parkville Daycare, but they had an even longer waiting list. ?

If I really would have known, I would have put started searching for daycare the moment I had a positive at home pregnancy test! ?It was a very stressful experience for me. ?Good luck! ?I hope you find a place that you're comfortable with!?

• Loading the player...
  • I take 895 to 97... Actually I could do 695 to 95 to 895 to 97 if this one works out. Thanks!
  • Hi Ladies:

I am going to be starting a service (not really a business) in January..I am due in Nov. and in order to stay at home with my LO, I need to watch 3 children during the day. I am really excited!

I am charging $170.00 per child and food/snacks will be provided.

I want to give a lot of care to the children I watch, so I don't want to have more than 3.

I live in Parkville....I am getting re-certified in CPR and First Aid this Fall....

My degree is in Early Childhood Education and was a Nanny for years. I currently work in an all-girls school and will miss it but am really looking forward to this new stage of my life as a provider.

Let me know if you are interested in an in-home care service.

Thanks.

• Found our licensed day care provider on Craigslist and she is wonderful.  I didn't even start looking until DS was 6 weeks old and I did not have a problem finding care.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We found our in-home daycare provider maybe 4 weeks before the baby was born.  I didn't start looking until about 2 months before my due date.  Just start asking everyone you know for recs for daycare.  We found ours through an old collegue of DH.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well I'm new to the board...not sure how I managed to not realize this board existed until now!!!

I'm in the same boat, looking for a nursery for my infant (i'm due in Feb) and I live in Towson. We have a meeting with La Petite Academy at GBMC. I've heard theyr'e supposed to be good, but not cheap. My stepson actually went to Magic Moments for most of his preschool years and they were great. DH is kicking himself b/c he thinks there is a waiting list and it's probably too late for us to get on it. Not too big of a deal though, b/c it's kind of out of our way now. I wasn't aware of infractions, but I'd still consider them. DH is really picky and he liked it.

There is also a maryland child care site (can't remember what it is exactly) that will search local licensed daycares. I wasn't crazy about the choices b/c they all looked like private homes in not-so-great areas. We did have a bad experience with one of those w/ stepson before he went to magic moments.

GL and keep me posted if you find anything else in the area!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • gogo2325-

I am due in March but would not be in need of daycare until early Sept. Could we exchange contact info and I could chat with you after our LO arrives to see what your availability and schedule are like later next year?

I have started a mini search recently in the Towson area but have not had much luck :(  

Looking forward to hopefully hearing back from you soon. 

-NEYL32

• Hi,

I live in the Parkville area and am due next May, 2010.  Looking for daycare beginning at the end of August. 

I only need part-time as I work from 4am-12:30pm each day.  My husband would be dropping off on his way to work.

Do you know if you'll have any availability then?

Thanks! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"