Illinois Babies

Ideas for Couples Baby Shower

I need help!  I am beginning to plan a couples baby shower for a friend and we are all new to the shower thing (first one to have a baby in our group!)...So I am in need of unique,fun ideas if you have any! THanks!

Re: Ideas for Couples Baby Shower

• How about a BBQ weather permitting?  You can incorporate games similar to The Price is Right with baby items.  If you're planning on having the mother to be open gifts, the guys can have a sports competition or bags competition.  Just some of my ideas....

• We just had a couples shower... it was weird.  The guys who were in attendance were not so happy about it at first, but didn't complain once there.  Mostly because they had plenty of beer, and all of them hid outstide on the porch for a majority of the party.  And that's really what it was.  It didn't feel at all like a shower, more like an open house party.  This made opening gifts very awkward.  We weren't sure what to do.  My mother in law (the main host) apparently expected us to just open through out the day, which guests weren't thrilled about since half the fun is watching you open them.  All in all, it wasn't a great experience for us.  It wasn't awful, but it wasn't exactly what I'd call a shower.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"