Birth Stories

Claire's Birth Story

On my due date I was only 1 cm dilated and was not experiencing any contractions. My Dr scheduled me for an induction 4 days later starting out with 12 hours of cervadil at 7pm. Apparently I was having contractions when they put the cervadil in, but I couldn't feel them. At 3:30am I started feeling contractions. They started to get really intolerable around 5:00am. At 6:15 they pulled the cervadil even though I was still 1 cm dilated and 85% effaced. At 7:00am I took a shower, which helped me control the contractions. No longer than 10 min after I got back into bed my water broke on its own. At 8:30 my Dr. came in, stripped my membranes and I was 2-3 cm. My Dr. said to start the epidural and to do a internal monitor of my contractions and baby's heart rate. I got the epidural at 9:30am, which was wonderful. At 11am I was 4-5 cm. They gave me pitocin at 12:30pm because my contractions slowed down after I got the epidural. At 2:00 pm I was at 7 cm.  At 3:10 my Dr. checked me again and I was 10cm and 100 effaced and she said its time to start pushing. At 4:03 my baby girl "Claire" was born. 7 lbs 2 oz and 20 inches long.

Labor went well, but the delivery of the placenta didn't go so well. My Dr. had to manually remove my placenta piece by piece, which they had to turn the epidural back on because of the pain. I also had a 3rd degree tear, which happened on my last push. Overall labor wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I am so happy my body pretty much did most everything on its own. I just needed the pitocin to finish it.

Recovery is going well. I feel so much better this week. I have been taking baths every morning to help with the pain. I don't have too much weight to loose to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I have been eating healthy and I am also exclusively pumping. I tried breastfeeding, but it wasn't going so well, due to my on-going neck problems and DD having latch issues.

Re: Claire's Birth Story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"