New York Babies

Any reviews for Dr. Alan Adler or Dr. Howard Kurtz?

Hi,

I'm switching OBs and hospitals since I need to move apartments by 9/1 and am trying to find one that is affiliated with Mt. Sinai. Many don't take Blue Cross Blue Shield, but I Drs. Adler and Kurtz do. Has anyone seen them before? Nervous about switching since I'm already starting my 3rd trimester, so any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Any reviews for Dr. Alan Adler or Dr. Howard Kurtz?

• I am due in Nov. and Dr. Kassenoff is my primary OBGYN, but Kurtz and Adler are in her practice. I like Kassenoff and Bohn A LOT and Kurtz and Adler seem ok, although all are quick with the check-ups, although they do answer all questions.
     Of course, would be better to be giving advice on these doctors AFTER delivery, so I'll be checking back with this post to see if anyone else writes in! I'd love to hear what people say about delivering with anyone from this practice!
  • Hi!

I know this is an old thread, but I'm thinking of going to Dr. Alan Adler.  I'd appreciate it if you could share your thoughts/experience with him!

• Loading the player...
  • Hi! I know this is an old thread, but I'm thinking of going to Dr. Alan Adler.  I'd appreciate it if you could share your thoughts/experience with him!
  • Overall, I wouldn't recommend the group. I never got the sense that they actually cared that much about me, especially Dr. Kurtz. I ended up getting a caesarean with Dr. Kassenoff (was not happy about that at all) and have had a nightmare with complications thereafter. The post-partum has been an awful experience and any phone consults I've had with them have been very dismissive.

They do answer your questions and seemed relatively competent, but I was not impressed. Dr. Adler was my primary OB and when I initially went into labor, he was very responsive and walked me through my options, but he's not the warm and fuzzy type. I like Dr. Bohn the best out of all of them and she seemed to care the most, but I'm actively searching for a new OB.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"