Parenting

Baby Hair Loss/Regrowth ? Redheads especially.

If your DC lost most of his/her hair, did it grow back in a way different color?

Adam has this awesome coppery red hair (like DHs is now, but when DH was a child his was very carrot-toned - LOL) and he's losing it. It looks like it's just starting to sprout blond (like mine and Jillie's) and I want the red back!

Re: Baby Hair Loss/Regrowth ? Redheads especially.

• Abby had red hair at birth.  I think maybe it is a touch blonder then when she was born but still red.  It lightens up a bit in the summer though.  I kept waiting for it to change and dreading it because I loved her hair color, so far at almost 2.5 it hasn't though.
  • Huhm, well I was born a redhead and mine all fell out and came in blonde. My nephew was born with blonde hair and it fell out and turned carrot orange. I guess I'm not help, huh?
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • Loading the player...
  • My hair was black, grew back in platinum blonde, now it's dark brown.

My red-head sister's hair never fell out, was always orangey red.

My DD's hair was med. brown, grew back dark brown

My DS's hair was med. brown, grew back strawberry blonde (mostly platinum blonde)

• My DH was a carrot top as a child and still lightens up to a coppery brown in the summer.   I was born blond but it continually darkened until it was medium brown by the time I was 8 years old.  Now, as an adult, it has changed again to Clairol #96A red. 

DS was born with a TON of jet black hair.  We have no idea where all that dark hair came from.  Now, at 5.5 months, lost all of his newborn hair and has waivy brown-red hair.  I think it will continue to lighten up, since his eyelashes have gone from black to reddish-light brown.

DD was born a baldy and didn't have ANY hair at all until she was 18 months old.  Now it is light brown and super curley.

• DS's was red when he was born, fell out, came back same color.

When I was born I had a head full of jet black hair.  It fell out and came back blonde and then turned red in colllege.

Liam is 5!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I dunno, Betty had find red hair at birth and it just darkened into a red/auburn and got really thick and curly.
  • You can't predict what it will do.  DD1 was born with pin straight brown hair and now has curly blond hair.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My daughter's hair came back in the same red color. It is a little less?red over time, but?she is still?def. a?red head. My son's hair was a brownish?red, and came back in very blonde. I?really wanted Caroline's hair to stay?red, but I think?the blonde hair suits my son better.?
    Caroline (5), Kyle (3), Lucy (01/04/12)

2012 Goal: working towards pre-pregnancy speed!
    04/15 KI Metric Marathon/16.3 m (2:05:55, 7:43 pace)
    05/06 Frederick 13.1 (1:41:09)
    11/04 NYCM
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS1 started out really red, and now it is pretty much all blonde (he is now 3). DS2 started out more brownish with a hint of red, but now it is turning blonde too (he is 1). Who knows if it will change again. When I was little my hair got really light too, but definitely not blonde (I'm a redhead too).
  • Both of my girls were born with, and still have red hair, even after losing some if it after birth.  I'm a red head too, and the same thing happened with me.
  • My DD#1 was born w/ red--never really fell out but started growing in blonde, it got very blonde & now it's dark blonde.

My DD#2 born w/ dark brown, now it's pretty light blonde after it fell out & regrew.

My DH is a redhead, he didn't have much hair at birth but when it grew in, it was that super red/carrot top color until his late 20s--now it's auburn & gray--LOL!

AKA Carol*Brady! IHO my upcoming 10yr Nestiversary--Back to old screenname. My own Marsha, Jan & Cindy... imageDesigning a Life Blog
  • My second was born with brown hair. There was some curly blond hair, too. The dark fell out and the blond stayed=)

Evelyn-Mommy to Ben 9.20.05 and Emily 5.14.07 and Callie 7.10.09! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"