Eco-Friendly Family
Options

do hawks eat babies?

i was going to bring DD out to lay on a blanket while i hung the diapers.  thankfully she fell asleep inside before i grabbed her.

omg i think i may just be a psycho mommy but i can't even imagine.  think i might cry.

Re: do hawks eat babies?

• Options

No.   And yes...I asked. 

• Options
    They could attack. I would be careful.
    photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagegoodgalpal:
    They could attack. I would be careful.

They will usually only attack if provoked or injured.  They are actually very scared of humans.

• Options
    thanks.  trying to take deep breaths.  omg.  still pounding heart.
  • Options
    When we brought our miniature dachshund home, she was very tiny, and the vet told us to never leave her outside without watching her because hawks have been known to take small animals. It scared the crap out of me and because of it, I never took DD out and layed her to play in the grass when she was tiny. Unlikely? Yes, of course. But I worried anyway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageteacherjess:
    When we brought our miniature dachshund home, she was very tiny, and the vet told us to never leave her outside without watching her because hawks have been known to take small animals. It scared the crap out of me and because of it, I never took DD out and layed her to play in the grass when she was tiny. Unlikely? Yes, of course. But I worried anyway.

when our first mini doxie first came home, a small bird tried to attack her. its funny to think about now, cause she's still afraid of birds :)

• Options
    I'm sorry I think you are all crazy- a hawk isn't going to come down and attack your babies. ?Your talking 8 plus pounds, how are they going to lift that off. ?They eat small things like mice, snakes, smaller birds, small rabbits, I even think your small dogs are really pushing it. ?Will a bird attack your dog if it is nosing around it's nest, sure but attack your dog for food that is crazy unless it it one of those tiny less than 5 lbs dogs.
  • Options
    imageS&R2007:
    I'm sorry I think you are all crazy- a hawk isn't going to come down and attack your babies.  Your talking 8 plus pounds, how are they going to lift that off.  They eat small things like mice, snakes, smaller birds, small rabbits, I even think your small dogs are really pushing it.  Will a bird attack your dog if it is nosing around it's nest, sure but attack your dog for food that is crazy unless it it one of those tiny less than 5 lbs dogs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"