Success after IF

what I hate about Carter's

I hate that they all have "cutesy" little sayings on them:

"I need hugs"
"I love Mommy/Daddy/Grandma/etc"
"Watch me grow"

ETC, ETC

They drive me crazy, for some reason. Am I the only one?

Re: what I hate about Carter's

• Never really bothered me.  :-)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Do you mean their clothes?  We have a ton of Carters clothes, and very few have any sayings on them.  I can think of one that says "Hug Me," but that's about it.  Where are you getting them from?  We go to the Carters outlet, which has a pretty decent selection.  
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Loading the player...
  • Some of the ones I have are from the outlet and some I picked up at BRU.  Maybe it's just the newborn clothes, but it seems like in every single package (usually it's a pack of three gowns/sleepers/etc) one of them has a saying on it. Maybe they don't do it with the "older" clothes?  Or maybe our selection is just bad. I don't know why they bug me, they just do.  Huh?

• I totally agree. I hate words on baby clothes for the most part.  Some of the stuff at Gap is cute to me (a lot of their organic/funny sayings I like), but 95% of sayings on baby clothes drive me nuts.
  • I understand what you mean.  It annoys me when I go to shop for clothes for Ava and all I can find are shirts that say "What happens at Grandma's stays at Grandma's" and things like that.  A few shirts like that are fine, but when the entire section is overrun with cutesie sayings, it gets annoying.  
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • That's funny because DH gets annoyed at me because I basically hate cutesy stuff for babies and he likes it.  I especially loathe winnie the pooh and animals all over stuff. Of course, almost all baby stuff has cutesy animals on it and it drives me nuts.

With that said I don't feel as strongly about the Carter's sayings, but DH LOVES them.  Just last night when he changed G he was telling her how he was putting his favorite onesie on her because it said "I love you"...before hearing him say that I probably wouldn't have cared much for the onesie but now I think it is sweet.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It bugs me too.  Most all of dd's clothes from Carter's has some sort of saying on the front.  She has some dresses that don't but most of her 2 piece outfits say something on the front.  It's cute for a few things but I wouldn't dress her in it everyday.

Clomid M/C 8 weeks 2/08 *IVF #1-DD born 3/09
    *Surprise BFP-T18 baby lost at 13w 1/10 *FET #1-DS born 2/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I have tons of Carter's stuff that doesn't say anything. ?But I am a huge dork anyway and think it is cute. ?My favorite one says Cute as a Bug which we love because we call Paige bug. ?
    DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I totally agree!!  I hate words on baby clothes.  I want Caroline's clothes to be miniature versions of something I would wear, lol.  I guess that's too much to ask, but I won't put her in things like that.

My mother bought her a onesie that says "Daddy did my hair"...she doesn't go for things like that either, but she said it was only a dollar and she couldn't resist.  That is the only thing with words in her wardrobe...and her wardrobe is already pretty big...

I also don't buy things with cartoon characters on them...

• Like you said, maybe you don't have a good selection (that sucks):( I also go to an outlet and they usually have one or two racks of onesies with sayings on them and the rest of the store is just cute clothes that don't say anything. I guess some of the outfits say something but it does not bother me as much so I have not really noticed. We had a couple of onesies that have something about Daddy on them but that's it. I'm with JillRock, I'm so over seeing everything at says "what happens at grandma's stays at grandma's".

For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hmm, I love the little sayings for DD but more than that I love the fit of Carters.  I think that they are the best cut and made of the baby clothes.  The fact that they are always on sale helps too.  We have plenty of Carter's onesies though that don't have any words on them - just patterns or design. 
  • I like a lot of the carter's stuff. you can get it super cheap at kohl's and at the outlet. I simply cut off the little tags with the goofy sayings. I'm a designer and I have mastered the exacto knife.

;)

baby clothes are basically disposable. the kids outgrow everything in 5 minutes.

2 infertiles' journey to 2 pink lines (and a baby girl)
    "our IF story"
  • I think most of the Carter's sayings are pretty tasteful, now if you go to walmart, some of their baby clothes are awful.  I've always LOVED Carters because of the quality and reliability of their sizing. 
    Ella- 8/22/08, Jules and Tuck- 12/15/10
  • I don't get many of their onesies for that reason...and I love, love the onesies/pants combos so I sacrifice for those.  However, DD will never wear anything referring to "grandma" b/c that's MIL's "name" and I.can't.stand.her.
  • MIL got DD a carter's onesie that says "Daddy's Little Lady"  I cracked up when I opened it at my shower.  Now that's just WEIRD!  Most of their stuff I don't mind though.

• What I hate about Carters is the store itself! I have been to many and they are all SO crowded, you can't navigate a stroller (and I have a small stroller!) it is so hard to shop when you can only get to the center aisle.

I also generally dislike cutesy... 

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I don't have any that have sayings really.  hmmm....I had handmedowns clothes that have sayings, but i don't really buy ones like that. 

I bought my friend a bunch of carter onesies for her little girl and only one says 'too cute' on it.  I guess I had one that says rough and toughfor DS, but again I didn't buy it.  I really don't like when they say stuff either, but prefer designs.

• I hear you.  We have a couple of outfits (gifts) that say "Mommy loves me" and I feel a little weird about them.
    Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hate that they put those sayings on their clothes, too!  I also hate anything disney/winnie the pooh, or with animals on it. 

I do, however,  put dd in "inappropriate" onesies, like "does this diaper make my butt look big"  I laugh because her cds do make her butt look big. 

• I don't out of my way to get them but I did buy ones that said "Daddy thinks I'm Beautiful"  I had to have it.  Other than that, I prefer no sayings on the front. 
    twin girls after 43 months of TTC.. Katherine Emily (5 lbs 12 oz 19 1/4 in) and Karly Elizabeth (5lbs 7 oz 19 in) imageLilypie!!My bio!! !!My Blog!! imageimage

• I've noticed that Carter's boys clothes has a lot more sayings on them then the girls clothes.  Plus, boys don't have as many options as girls.  Girls have cute dresses, rompers, shorts, skirts, tops, tanks, etc.  Boys have shorts, t-shirts (ls and ss), jeans and sweats.  That's it.  

Boy or girl, I prefer to dress my kid like I would dress or DH would dress.  I've had good luck with Baby Gap and ON for DS's clothes.  I love Carters pj's though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have noticed the smaller sizes seem to have more cutsy sayings on them. DS is starting to outgrow his 0-3 month and a lot of what we have, have the cutsey sayings. While I don't mind some of them, too many is just annoying. I have noticed his 3-6 month don't have as many on them. It could be that the 3-6 month selection that I have is just saying less but I am not sure.
  • imageskoorbnibor:

What I hate about Carters is the store itself! I have been to many and they are all SO crowded, you can't navigate a stroller (and I have a small stroller!) it is so hard to shop when you can only get to the center aisle.

My DH was totally annoyed the last time we were there because he couldn't navigate the stroller around the store....it was our first time there with DD and why can't they make the store more accessible for strollers?? I wouldn't have been able to shop if I was there along with DD!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"