New York Babies

Day care cost

Has anyone started looking into day cares?  I am wondering how much we should expect to pay for day care for a newborn in Manhattan. 

Re: Day care cost

• They are anywhere from $1500 / month and up, depends on the center.  Many have waiting lists so I would suggest visiting them soon to get on the list of ones that you like. 

Good luck!

• 1500 a month?!! Thats crazy! In Long Island and Queens the centers are asking 500- 600 a month
  • Loading the player...
  • I paid $1800 a month for full-day, 5 days a week. I was at Pre School of America in midtown near the UN. It is a terrific facility and the caregivers are wonderful. It's pricey, though. They also charge extra for early/late hours and you pay for 5 days no matter how many days the baby is there.
  • imagemyoung4279:
    1500 a month?!! Thats crazy! In Long Island and Queens the centers are asking 500- 600 a month
  • imageNYCred:
    imagemyoung4279:
    1500 a month?!! Thats crazy! In Long Island and Queens the centers are asking 500- 600 a month

Woops. DD hit return!

Those prices must be for further out in Queens.  When I looked in Queens, Brooklyn, etc., I didn't find anything under $1200.  And most were closer to $1500.

In the city, most things I found for infants were in the $2000-$2200 range.

• I live on SI, and the avg quote for 2 toddlers just 2 days a week was $1000/month.  I cannot imagine finding a dcp for only $500-600 here unless it was a sahm watching kids on the side.  Even then, I interviewed one who quoted me $50/day... which would still be $1000/month for one child 5 days a week.  I can only imagine what it is in Manhattan. ack!  I work nights to avoid the cost... yet dd's preschool is $7K a year full time (2nd wk sept to mid May, 8:45am to 2:30 pm, M-F)... which is comparable to some of the Catholic pre-K and kindergartens' tuition.
  • I pay 1200 a month and I am in Nassau County on LI. I have heard that NYC centers are hard to come by and get filled very quickly Most people have nannies. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I pay $1200 here on SI
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We just checked out Bright Horizons in Yonkers, since my husband works in there..and the price is $1955/month for 9 hours a day, five days a week. This seemed reasonable to us. I'm not due until March 2010, but we already reserved a spot.

Me, 33, DH, 36
    Me - Right Tube blocked & Hashi's. DH - Fine
    Trying for baby #2 since July 2011
    6 natural & 6 medicated cycles, all BFN. 1 missed mc in 10/11.
    Surprise natural BFP on 6/18/12, CP on 6/27/12
    Began stims (Bravelle & Menopur) for IVF #1 on 7/20/12
    ER on 8/2 , 7R, 5F ET on 8/7, 2 embies transferred
    Beta #1 - 231 (9dp5dt), Beta #2 - 695 (12pd5dt)
  • The cheapest I've seen is $1700 or so per month for an infant, but most are closer to $2000 at least. There are some less expensive options once the baby is 2 years old.
    "For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"