Parenting

Do you let your kids play naked outside?

This is a S/O from D&R/2nd tri.

Sometimes if we are playing outside and decide to swim.  I strip them down and let them "skinny dip."  We have a privacy fence, they have sunscreen and I watch them...is that wrong?  They love it... (The issue with the OP is that her neighbors don't have a privacy fence).   

ETA:  I only let them play in the backyard (where the privacy fence) is naked.  Not in the front... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do you let your kids play naked outside?

• Nope. If I had a privacy fence I might out back. DD likes to play out front and you never know.
    Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Yes in the back yard we do, never in the front.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep. We have a privacy fence or our backyard but our neighbors on both sides can see if they were to be looking ut their 2nd floor windows (we are in the city, so the houses are very close together). He is 2, he thinks it is fun, it is fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I absolutely would if I had your set up. ?I never would in mine. ?No fence and neighbors all around us. ?
  • Probably.  We live in the country and although we don't have fences we have state land behind us and old people for neighbors nest to us on one side and the other side has older kids but I've never actually seen any of them (so don't even know who lives there...we have never met them and they've lived there for about 3 years!).  I am just concerned with all the bees we have.

• No, our backyard faces the golf course and we have neighbors on either side.  Too many eyes for my comfort. 
  • Yes, my kids love skinny dipping in the kiddie pool. I feel fine with it at our current house but would not have allowed it at our old house- totally different neighborhood with different neighbors, houses closer together- it would have been inappropriate there.

I have a friend who lives in town on a street with more traffic and right next to a very large, very busy playground. She lets her girls play outside naked and even though I'm generally not one to be bothered by such things, I don't think that I would be comfortable letting my kids out naked in those conditions. 

• No. No reason...just never had the need to : )
  • Well, when dd goes to my mother's house and doesn't have her bathingsuit she swims in her underware. I really wouldn't let her go naked. I think she/he should at least have a bottom on.

• I've let him play on the porch naked but he was shielded from neighbors eyes by our hedges. It was only when he had a bad diaper rash that we were trying to cure.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes DS loves playing in his kiddie pool or sprinkler naked! We also have a large fence in the backyard so I don't mind letting him run around naked.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • No-no fences and no privacy.
    Diagnosed with PCOS June 2004 Abby born 2/2007 and Ally 3/2009 imagehttp://Life In Sublurbia.blogspot.com
  • No - I would let him swim naked if we had a pool and a yard like yours. There's just no reason for my son to run around naked in our yard.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"