Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Clogged duct at 8 months?

I think I started getting a clogged duct last night. I've been bf'ing DS his whole life, in addition to solids since 4 months. Right now he's down to only nursing at night and once in the morning. He's been on this schedule for a while. My bras or stress levels haven't changed.

Is it normal to get a clogged duct so late??

imageimage

Re: Clogged duct at 8 months?

• I still get them sometimes.  My last one was because I had a bleb (sp?) its like a little milk blister on the nipple.  I didn't see it until I had pumped for a while and it was very apparent.   I had to pop it (yikes!) but I have had other random clogs and I just used a heating pad and lots of feeding and pumping.  Good luck and I hope it clears up soon - clogs suck!
  • I did not get my first one until DS was 8 months, and unfortunately I didn't get to it in time and I got mastitis. My 2nd one (just this week) was a milk bleb. Ick.
  • Loading the player...
  • Your DS only nurses twice a day?  What do you give him the rest of the day?  I ask because my supply is sucking and any time we are going to have to start giving formula.  DD still nurses about 4 times a day, sometimes 5. 
  • i've been exclusively breastfeeding dd for 10.5 months and i think i just had my first plugged duct this week (was tender on one breast).  i offered the breast more - i think it helps to make sure it is drained.  and applied warm compresses and massaged.  it seemed to clear in about 2 days. 

they might have more info for you on the breastfeeding board.  hope you get it figured out soon.  it sure can be painful and if it leads to mastitis, then that is super painful! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"