Parenting after a Loss
Options

Vent

I hate, hate, HATE when people try to give advice where it's not needed.  I have this aunt, whom I love dearly, but I have no intentions of leading the kind of life she did.  She is really upset at the fact that I have chose to stay home and just sent me a message telling me that she waited too long to do what she truely loves and that she was burdened by thinking she had to stay home.  She even offered to pay for me to go back to school to "find a career."  I have two college degrees, I don't need another.  I am so blessed to be able to stay home with my beautiful baby girl and it is something I chose to do before I even got pregnant with her.  My aunt went on and on in the message about how I will regret staying home with Kailey and not going after my dreams.  I am doing what I want.  When I am finished having kids and they are all in school, then I will focus on myself. 

Sorry...I'm just really worked up about this...and it kind of hurt my feelings that she thinks I am not "living my dream."

Re: Vent

• Options
    I'm sorry! Clearly she has some issues of her own that she is projecting on to you!
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    Perhaps you should send her a message back and tell her that having children and staying home with them is your dream. That you feel blessed to be able to do so when so many working women want to stay home and can't because of finances. Everything you just said here.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I plan on emailing her back in the moring, when I've calmed down some.  It's just that she knows how hard we have saved over the past 5 years to get to the point where I could stay home, so I don't understand why she is so negative about it.  She knows it's what we've worked for. 

I guess I'm off to bed.  Thanks for "listening!" I needed the vent.

• Options

I am sorry she did that, it is horrible.  Staying at home is wonderful and I am so thankful that I am able to do it.  It is its own job for goodness sake where else do you work 12+ hours a day for hugs, kisses, and gigles (unless you are a hooker or stripper).  We get to witness each milestone and just do fun stuff with them all day long.  It is my dream as well.

• Options
    I'm sorry she is saying those things.  You could explain to her that it is great that she followed her dreams of having a career and that you are following yours by staying home and everyone has different dreams for themselves.  SAH was a dream I always had but dismissed because I didn't think we could do it.  We went over and over our money and found a way to make it work so that I could have my dream.  Good luck with this situation.
  • Options
    Thanks girls!
  • Options
    wow- tell her that you're different people and your dreams are different. That you worked this hard to BE a stay at home Mom.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"