3rd Trimester

Is this right???

So at my appointments so far the doctor has measured my belly and its supposed to match up with the amount of weeks I am - I have always been measuring 1 week ahead. Do they do this until the end? Is my belly actually going to be up to 39/40 inches???? That seems HUGE!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is this right???

• I'm pretty sure that the measurement is actually in centimeters, not inches, but probably it will still feel huge by then anyway.
  • They measure in centimeters.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • i just looked it up your right its centimeters - but stttilll, it seems like i might just topple forward from the weight of it by then!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Fundal height is measured in centimeters!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So you're measuring about 34cm now and worried about how "HUGE" 40cm is? That's just 2.4ish inches more. I'm confused...

and this:

imagecmeon_the_water:

fundal height measurements.. are a measurement from the pelvic bone to the top of the uterus, not exactly a measurement of your belly

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
    After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
    theluckiest
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • It varies by Dr. My practice has 5 OB's and I've only been measured twice.  He measured at my appt today and said I was measuring at 37 weeks - I'm actually 38 and 4 days.  The Dr. I see most appts told me my baby was measuring huge which would mean ahead, but he doesn't use the tape measure.  I'm having an US next week, but that can be off by a couple of pounds.  I don' think it's an exact science.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"