Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Trying the cotton SwaddleMe blanket out...

...and I don't like it at all. DS broke out of it instantly. He's pretty skinny for being about 12lbs, but I think it's (a small) is too big because I want to wrap it tighter, but can't because of where the velcro needs to match up. I can't imagine a smaller baby using this size. Has anyone? I do LOVE the micro fleece ones. The most I get is one fist poking through about once a week. The cotton took him less than 15 minutes and was his whole arm.

Re: Trying the cotton SwaddleMe blanket out...

• DS has always been chubby (9lbs at birth) and could never get out of the small. When we moved to the large it was harder to keep him in, but we didn't swaddle for much longer after that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just bought it the other day. It's actually pretty small I think.  I don't think she'll use it for too long. It fits pretty tight.

I'm just wondering if the Large would be too big?

• Loading the player...
  • image*Caress*:

I just bought it the other day. It's actually pretty small I think.  I don't think she'll use it for too long. It fits pretty tight.

The large is HUGE on DS. He's also somewhere around 24 inches. I don't see him using the large for a long time unless he plumps up quite a bit.
  • imagegrinsandgiggles:
    image*Caress*:

I just bought it the other day. It's actually pretty small I think.  I don't think she'll use it for too long. It fits pretty tight.

The large is HUGE on DS. He's also somewhere around 24 inches. I don't see him using the large for a long time unless he plumps up quite a bit.

How long was your  DS at birth? J was 21 inches but I have no idea how long she is now.

• imagegrinsandgiggles:
    image*Caress*:

How long was your  DS at birth? J was 21 inches but I have no idea how long she is now.

• image*Caress*:
    imagegrinsandgiggles:
    image*Caress*:

23 but then at his 1 week he was down to 22.25 bc of his cone head. At 1 month he was 23.75 inches.
  • This is why they need a medium size. Around 12ish pounds is when you are kind of in between both sizes. The fleece smalls are a little bigger, so that'll last a little longer.
  • When our little man outgrow his Holo Swaddler I moved him to the swaddleme. He is skinny but really long so I didn't want to get small as he would be to long for it so I got the Large & had planed on just adding extra velcro but never needed to as it fit him really nice & tug. I like how it swaddles from his shollders to his hands (makes it harder to get out) but he did get one arm out last night (out of the top, I have no clue how as the swaddle was still very tight) We do have the Micro Fleace one. We tried the cotton Holo swaddler (before he out grow it) & just like your baby he was out with in 5 min.
  • DD is around 9lbs now, but we've been using the large swaddleme since she came home, and sometimes she gets her fists out but its usually because we didnt do it tight enough.  The velcro for the top part (the last part you close) sticks to just about any part of the swaddle, so we make it very tight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerimageBabyFruit Ticker
  • imageChoco80:
    DD is around 9lbs now, but we've been using the large swaddleme since she came home, and sometimes she gets her fists out but its usually because we didnt do it tight enough.  The velcro for the top part (the last part you close) sticks to just about any part of the swaddle, so we make it very tight.
    Hmm on the cotton ones I got I could wrap it around to the middle of his back, but the velcro won't stick there. Brand new. The large one I could probably wrap around him more than once. I'll have to try it again tonight. I do have some micro fleece ones and they fit great, I had to put him in it, so that's what he's currently wearing. Who knows...at least something is working and I'm able to get sleep lol.
  • I have 3 of these (one plain and 2 with a print on them) and I swear the print fit better.  The solid one seems smaller and doesn't stretch where the other two are more flexible and seem a little roomier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"