Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Teething equals fever : truth or myth?

I had always heard that a fever was a sign of teething, but after I had DS I began to hear that that wasn't true. If the child has a fever while teething, it's the result of something else. Well now I'm not sure what's true and DS has had a fever for two days, along with loss of appetite. He isn't showing any other signs of illness OR teething, but he could be cutting molars. What's the general consensus on here regarding teething and fevers?
Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Teething equals fever : truth or myth?

• Tash13Tash13 member
    Truth.  We had fever and vomiting that the pedi said was teething when DS was about 4.5 months.  I'd worry if it gets to high or doesn't go down with Motrin/Tylenol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MrsHKMrsHK member
    I think it depends on the fever. A low grade fever, maybe. However, DS was cutting 5 teeth including molars last week. His temp got upwards to 102, that was likely the viral throat infection, not just teething. The temp going that high is what prompted us to take him to the dr instead of just thinking it was the teeth. Even though all other symptoms were consistent with just teething.
    Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals ChipMonkey 3/19/08 *** Turtle 1/26/10 *** CarBear 10/06/11
  • Loading the player...
  • My pedi said it's a myth, but when DS cut his 2 top teeth at once, he had a low grade fever for about 2 days. ?He was also very cranky and slobbery. ?The pedi also said that if the fever is over 101 then it's not teething.
  • Sorry, this is embarrassing but can you tell me what those temps are in Celsius?We don't use farenheit where I live (in Canada). Tonight his temp was around 38.5 c.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MrsHKMrsHK member

imageSawyerplus1:
    Sorry, this is embarrassing but can you tell me what those temps are in Celsius?We don't use farenheit where I live (in Canada). Tonight his temp was around 38.5 c.

102F is approx 38.9C

Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals ChipMonkey 3/19/08 *** Turtle 1/26/10 *** CarBear 10/06/11
  • Truth! For DS, anyway. He ran a fever for three days straight this week. He temps ranged from 99.8 to 103.5. We took him to the pedi and he had absolutely no symptoms other than the fact that he's getting his molars. I'm convinced that was the reason.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"